Can decrypted games be installed without a ticket?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by blawar, Aug 2, 2018.

1. blawar
    OP

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Tickets are only required if the NSP has at least one NCA that has title rights enabled (its encrypted). NSP's such as system updates do not have title rights or encryption and can be installed. So if we decrypted the NCA, removed the title rights, could the game NSP be installed without a ticket?

morrison22 likes this.
  2. jjbredesen

jjbredesen WarezNX Owner

GBAtemp Patron
    jjbredesen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 16, 2018
    Norway
    Hyrule
    If you encrypt the NCA using standard crypto (masterkey) instead of Tkey crypto, yes.

I am however not aware of any public tools for this right now. You can use modded authoringtools, but patching the dll's, adf files and understanding how to create meta and desc is not something the average person can do.

3. blawar
    OP

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Yeah that is no problem, I can add this support to Nut. How would we encrypt the NCA with the master key, when there is no longer any title rights that specifies which master key to use? I was under the impression the NCA was completely unencrypted once title rights were removed?

edit: nevermind, keyblob is specified in the NCA header, not just the rightsId

Last edited by blawar, Aug 2, 2018