Hacking Can anyone help me with my problem with the CFW CBHC?

All_Da_Chicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I'm currently going off the assumption that I've probably bricked my Wii U now however I am still new to Homebrew and CFWs for the system I literally started about 3 weeks ago.

eventually I found out about CBHC cause certain applications like the Nintendont Wii U controller support don't like to run unless custom firmware is also running at the same time which becomes tedious cause you then spend a couple of clicks running it every time you want to play a gamecube game etc.

so in the end I followed this guys tutorial and everything seemed fine turned my console off and on again got to the boot menu on my wii U and selected for my Wii U to auto Boot Mocha CFW everything seemed fine until I reset my console again after literally running Nintendont once via the Wii U menu. now everytime I turn on my Wii U everything seems fine CBHC runs the Wii U logo is shown in the bottom corner and it tries to load Mocha but then it freezes on a black screen with either the number "-3" if the SD card is not in the system or "-5" if the SD card is in the system.

as much as I'm probably wrong when I say this but I'm not completely certain that its bricked I just think that CBHC is struggling to load a file or something similar to that as I had a similar problem to this where only those numbers would appear when I tried to load the HBLC assuming that I can get CBHC to do anything other than whatever its trying to do then I should be able to get through.

Any help at all would be really appreciated thank you in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You followed a youtube tutorial, why the video author is not doing after service and providing all the help users require by following his guide?
that's why ALL youtube tutorial videos are not liked here.

following a tutorial telling you to use Mocha is already wrong.

Anyway, the error -3 means that your SD card can't be read.

so either :
- clean your SD card contact
- try another SD adapter if you have a microSD
- format your Sd card again (FAT32 with 32k/cluster)
- try another card

-5 is ... (sorry I forgot, I'll have to do some search)
maybe the file not found.
so maybe your SD is corrupted.

Just set CBHC to launch into system menu, without trying to load Mocha located on your SD card at boot.

Boot the console, press Home button to enter the CBHC boot menu.
set the boot option to "sysmenu".
that's all. no more Mocha error.

You should still verify your SD card.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: All_Da_Chicken

All_Da_Chicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn I didn't expect anyone to reply that quickly I love this site Thanks for the help please do send me what you can find in terms of the -5 error I did look around but I struggle to find a fair amount of things haha

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I think -5 is just "file not found".

when you set CBHC to autoboot mocha, it tries to load the file SD:/wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
if the file is not present or can't be read, you get -5

IOSUHax/CBHC/Haxchi/Mocha SD loader error codes list:
-1 : HBL related, can't open or not enough memory to open HBL elf file
-2 : HBL related, entry point not found
-3 : SD Card not found
-4 : SD card found, can't mount it
-5 : SD Card found, can mount it, can't find/read/open the file
-6 : not enough memory to open file

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually, all you have to do is make Mocha STOP beeing used at all. (unless you use RedNAND ? another BIG mistake from the video tutorial if it did tell you to use that option)
just tell CBHC that you want it to patch the system menu, instead of using Mocha to do the same but slower and with possible error.

CBHC boot menu -> sysmenu

But I'm still sure your SD card has a file system error.
I'd recommend reformatting it.

Last edited by Cyan,

All_Da_Chicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay I'll try reformatting my SD first
and could you possibly help me with telling CBHC what to do haha as I don't have that much knowledge of actually messing around with files that much haha.

also thanks again for all the help you've given me thus far

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Cyan already told you, just press the home button once when you see "autobooting" on your gamepad. This will give you access to the CBHC menu. Change the autoboot option to system menu. This will boot you into a CFW without messing around with Mocha. CBHC uses HaxChi which will boot you into a CFW if you make this change. Then you're good to go.

All_Da_Chicken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys I was really scared that I'd completely destroyed my system before this haha managed to get back to the homescreen like I had no idea that I could just press the Home button and fix it like that haha.

but seriously thanks for the help guys :yayu:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem, we are happy to help and even more important teach you something new.
understanding how things work is better than just following random guide with no explanation, like ... ALL youtube tutorial. that's why nobody (from the helping users) like these video here, they all give errors that users don't understand and of course the video's author NEVER provide help, because he doesn't even understand himself what he is teaching, he just idiotically copy what he did on his console but it can be dangerous because not all consoles are hacked the same way.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: All_Da_Chicken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM