Can anyone help me with IPS patching?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm trying to play Shin Megami Tensei in english. I have the ROM and the IPS. I put them both in my snes9x directory and boot it up... and it doesn't work. It loads, but crashes as soon as any text should be displaying. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do that, I get a "bad checksum" and "corrupt ROM" and it won't load at all.

Any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? I thought snes9x supported IPS patching on the fly, and it's clearly recognized the IPS file since something happens. I'm using it on the v1.0 of the ROM, as it says in the instructions.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried IPSWin before, no dice. It seems like a straightforward process, I don't see how I could mess it up, but it's not working. I found a prepatched ROM that I've been using, but there are a couple patches I'd like to be able to apply myself (for ROM hacks instead of just translation patches).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
depending on what the hack is doing you might not be able to apply two patches to the same rom.

always patch a clean rom. contact the hacker and find out if the patch can be applied to a pre-patched rom. if the file is IPS use Lunar IPS. small, simple, and works.

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/240/

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended