Bypass DRM without valid license

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by nloding, Nov 6, 2008.

Nov 6, 2008

Bypass DRM without valid license by nloding at 7:08 PM (13,676 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. nloding
    OP

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So let's say, hypothetically, that I found an FTP site to a DVD publishing company that offers downloads of many of their videos as WMV files with DRM. Let's say, hypothetically, that I downloaded some for shits and giggles. Let's say I want to remove the DRM. But I don't have a valid license.

Are there any options yet? I've been Googling and searching but have only found ways to clear the DRM headers when you have a valid license. If I don't have a license, or got a virus, reloaded, and lost it, I find it hard to believe someone hasn't found a way around that yet! Even something as simple (or complex, I guess) as hex editing the file and physically removing the DRM header ...

In short, if I have a DRM protected WMV and no license, what can I do? Can I fake a license? Bypass it? Crack it?

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/Fa...edia-Player.htm

It is suppost to strip all copy protection from WMAs and WMVs...

Its been a while since I've used it so your milage will vary.

-Edit- Oh wait nm...you need a license. You need a key for these files first...you have to be able to play them...its because the encryption is quite strong...there is no way to simply remove it.

Edit 2: To put it simple...the actual movie is wrapped bit by bit in a DRM encryption...it order to access any of it, you will need to DRM key to reside on your computer. Even if you removed the DRM...you basically would have stripped out the entire film too.

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    If hypothetically these have not been released yet you could hypothetically help out those hypothetical pirates and get in contact with hypothetical of course a member of a scene group which they will hopefully hypothetically break it then release it to a top site and it will hypothetically spread across the internet. This is all hypothetical of course.

4. nloding
    OP

United States
    Is it not possible to hack those keys? There has to be way, question is how to do it ... I'm definitely not a great cracker, so ... maybe I can't do it.

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    MUSIC DRM files are easy BURN TO DISK as AUDIO cd then RIP BACK to HD in whatever format you require ...DRM will be now gone [​IMG]

WMV as above .... or again convert to another format [​IMG]

6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The problem is that you need a license to burn it to CD, DVD or whatever [​IMG]

7. nloding
    OP

United States
    What about a program to open and view the licenses I do legally own from this company? Could the keys be modified?