Homebrew Discussion By 2020...

2020: to HD or not HD, that's the poll, bitches.

• Intelligent, ethical remasters of games that would benefit from HD for 2020

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Stabbing blindly in the dark for everything you never wanted for 2020

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've heard so many debates about ports, remasters, and original games, but if you watch the video, wouldn't you want to play these games (good news: you can (dependent upon hardware)) from start to finish?

I mean, playing SMO was enjoyable, but playing SM64 is in a different castle when Mario gets the star treatment.

With specialized A.I., we've been given this:

which, seems to be exactly what fans want, rather than what's been offered.

So, I'd like to know, would you rather 70% of "cutting-edge" N64/PSX/DC games that
like this guy
Macaulay-Culkin-1074x636.jpg
(Macaulay has been redeemed, but this guy takes his place):
maxresdefault.jpg

going from left to right, you can tell Scorps #1 hadn't really taken a tour of hell beyond the first two circles, but by #4, meth and tinder destroyed his (after) life. I heard he works part-time at Six Flags, asking people to, "GET OVER HERE!"
, get the HD mod (with minor control/camera/bug fixes) or do you want new, but possibly bandwagon-ish games (you know, that one time everything became C.O.D. and zombified) ?

By the way, 2020 is an important year, so plan ahead.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your video isn't working anymore.

Anyway.. Sorry but Macaula Culkin is not like this anymore. eonline.com caught the photo of him in 2017 like this:

rs_634x1024-170726151733-634.Macaulay-Culkin-Gas-Station.kg.072617.jpg

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your video isn't working anymore.

Curious, are you in the US right now?

-------
Apologies, this is the rough draft I had on another page.

I meant to ask you if you actually lived in the US and if anyone outside of the US has had luck with the video.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, are you in the US right now?

-------
Apologies, this is the rough draft I had on another page.

I meant to ask you if you actually lived in the US and if anyone outside of the US has had luck with the video.

I lived in America but this time the video is working fine. Anyway, thanks.

By the way, those are fan made video games.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those are fan made video games.

Thanks--I was using proxy youtube sites to see where in the world I'd get denied access--it wasn't fun.

As for the games, yes, they are fan made, but by showing interest, a change in the industry is possible.

For example, FF VII HD is exactly what I feel a majority of fans wanted--logically, if you loved every bit of FF VII, you probably don't want the battle system of FF XV. If the HD mod (FF VII) was released around the time we heard about the scrapped FF VII remake from
there may have been a chance SE would have said, "Hey, this is what fans want....and this is all we have to do?!"

In the end, I always look at it like this: what should you do to make the Mona Lisa better? Dust & clean.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks--I was using proxy youtube sites to see where in the world I'd get denied access--it wasn't fun.

As for the games, yes, they are fan made, but by showing interest, a change in the industry is possible.

For example, FF VII HD is exactly what I feel a majority of fans wanted--logically, if you loved every bit of FF VII, you probably don't want the battle system of FF XV. If the HD mod (FF VII) was released around the time we heard about the scrapped FF VII remake from
there may have been a chance SE would have said, "Hey, this is what fans want....and this is all we have to do?!"

In the end, I always look at it like this: what should you do to make the Mona Lisa better? Dust & clean.

of course, those are amazing. It will be great for remastered on Switch fully> Just take a look at Majora's Mask on 3DS remake (not remastered) ? I think that a remake is better than remastered to be honest, huh ? Thanks for the sharing, thought. :P

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take a look at Majora's Mask on 3DS remake

3DS was a remake (stereoscopic, yada-yada for OoT/MM), but If I could I'd take HD OoT over HD MM.

What I do want to see, is if the FF VII (IX has the HD mod also) coming to Switch can use the HD mods......which might be by 2020....probably around the same time that Switch revision does something.

I guess as a super-consolation, there's always streaming.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I got drunk--I don't want to mistake what you meant. Are you saying you want new games like the old ones? If so, are we essentially saying the same thing?

Instead of remastering older games, id like new games made in the same manner as the older games. Everyone loves chrono trigger, so instead of a remake make a new game that playes the same chono trigger.
Just like how shovel knight was made. New game thats the same as a nes game from the 1990.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like remakes. When I like a licence, I prefer to get a remake instead of a "spiritual successor" because it will always lack the universe and the "alchemy" I had with the original licence.
That's why I love Metroid and Castlevania, I also love all those metroidvania games, but I'll have to buy each Metroid and Castlevania game day one even if I know that indies now make better metroidvania games than Konami and Nintendo maybe will ever be able to (and maybe Nintendo now understand it ... isn't it why they let an indie studio make Cadence of Hyrule ?)

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of remastering older games, id like new games made in the same manner as the older games.

I wrote a very in-depth response--long story short (and properly summarized), it's all about money. Most studios won't take the risk.

If they know there was a game that sold well or has potential, they'll invest. So, if there's an interest shown in HD remakes of games that could use a little polish, that'll be the road we'll follow. As in, once companies see "Oh!, That's what they want?", we'll see this "battle royale sim-fest" turn into, "Let's go back a few generations and repack some memories"-party.

why they let an indie studio make Cadence of Hyrule ?

I feel the same way as you do, almost--I believe in the creativeness of the mind. Sometimes, it doesn't matter who did it first, but who can do it the best.

Like I said to Captain_N, when it comes to games, it's money. Most of the big companies like to make safe moves; most indie studios don't mind taking risks.

Nintendo is smart to adopt these new ideas--and capitalize on them. Speaking of capitalize, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo letsstudios work on games for recruitment purposes.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which, seems to be exactly what fans want, rather than what's been offered.

So, I'd like to know, would you rather 70% of "cutting-edge" N64/PSX/DC games that

Getting to your point without restating anything, the cutting edge platformer games that are coming out now are going to be subdued due to the next installments of the games or things happening next, by the time a N64 game is remastered, another game might already be remastered on another platform for its debut.

From what I understand, and what your saying, by the time the Nintendo Switch becomes obsoleted (for, i'm just going to put it this way.) For whatever reason, there's still going to be games coming out on the console and platform no matter what, even if you choose not to play the games, what a lot of people don't realize is that when games do come out and they are completely obsoleted by the next month or two, the Switch will likely remain still intact because businesses finaincally in-tact their products before they are released, its one of the reasons why Fire Emblem 10 sold so poorly on the Wii in North America but it was a success in Japan, and similarly with Fire Emblem Fates and Conquest, why it sold so poorly in regions except in North America, because of the long awaited release of the Freeshop and other programs that use Nintendo's financial servers.

What your saying does have a point and I have been debating the subject to for a long time (and many others probably) I just never realized from a technical standpoint how advanced alrgmas (math) can get or become. And memory ram or CPU initialized, it seems so seemless but its not and when it is seemless it looks beautiful. and just like how much time is spent developing titles, by the time a game comes out it could already be obsoleted by another franchise or the game of another franchise.

Its something people overlook, I overlook it to despite it being a legal jeperdy of Copyright Infringement Finances or long-skewered debates, my main point of topic though without subtracting how I feel or change the subject is, once this success is in point, something launches, where does all that success go. I try to make that a fidelity but I fail to do that sometimes despite specifically knowing where and how something can turn or go to in the long run of... a creative idea, I think that's what most people do not realize and its been stated before, but not with high trivia I think.

Even if a game did come out that replaced the whole fedillity of all the consoles or software in the market (whatever title that may be.) When it launches there is always going to be debuting of something else like users owning a Switch, Wii U, PS4, PSX (Whatever console.) Or my personal favorite IBM Software, will it become obsoleted or still exist, well, with more real matters in place like wars or deployment across the globe or food fedellity, the common place something always starts in is in the reason to buy something in the first place and I think that's where when someone folds their cash for a game or credit card, its the reason for buying something or playing something.

If no one buyed Mario Kart there would be no reason to have or own Mario kart, but that doesn't mean the game Mario kart is obsoleted like the game castlevania or sid myer's renegade run on the DS, it just means people do not enjoy it or do not have the time to play it despite it being fun, but have the time to do more than just spending time away or in the house. Its like one of the reasons why the original DOOM came out first on home-consoles like the Atari or the home computer because there was always fedellity of making sure people can play something without having to pay or "bandwagon" for another game, which I will admit do a lot when cross buying games for different platforms or moving to different platforms entirely.

The fedellity of this though is making sure users can play and sit down enjoying a game absolutely for free if possible in any region or country, but its failed horrendously because of cross marketing currency exchange taxes discipline and even segregated removal or religion or faith in some parts of the world or globe. Which does make sense but when your putting , more into whats actually there its frusterating because in order to market something in the first place something must be common in that land or region.

In the United States Freedom of Dispute is legal in this country and in Saudi Arabia it is not unless you have religious dispute or circumvental evidence found in one land or many lands (Like Algeria, New Hamsture, Denmark, or Moscow)

That's what were good at, but its no joke when your comparing cross region play across the globe. With other regions of play like the fedellity of when New Super Mario Bros U was first released to everywhere world wide, but in some places in the world a Wii U was more expensive then a PS3 or PS4 because of Sales Tax in Atlantia Georgia and Kyoto Japan.

Its one of the reasons why Arcade Machines are so expensive that are made by Bando Namco or SEGA of America or Japan.

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry; I got really drunk, took a nap, came back to this, drank again, but this time, I got my caffeine-infused chewing gum to help balance my drunk. Whoa-and-a-half, that was not what happened. Ernieway,.....

time a N64 game is remastered
get the HD mod (with minor control/camera/bug fixes)
I think an outside team, like Grezzo, could do a multi-award winning HD OoT in eight months, which still leaves time for manufacturing and so on for the title to make a Spring 2020 debut.
by the time the Nintendo Switch becomes obsoleted
I don't think you can quote me on this one.
I think you should quote me on this one.
Alex, I'd like to buy a vowel, because Vana isn't here and What is, "What is the question?"?
high trivia I think.
I couldn't Trebek to Sajak my life, so I'll Carrey my weight without Strahan myself too much; Wayne Brady.

BM Software, will it be
Is it Money? C, final answer, Money.
If no one buyed Mario Kar
I like Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic R(acing), and other things that aren't Mario Kart, but I like Mario Kart, too & that's not how you "bandwagon".
thing in the first place something mu
.....It could happen. Animu: DVD/BR/Manga?
not unless you have religi
I guess that's here and there.
People will pay for whatever they feel like. It comes down to money, literally.
I guess, but....sons, why? The moving arcade machines will always fetch a higher value, but we aren't talking about about gameplay to exactly "wow" you.

So, yeah, you were a little all-over-the-place. You probably should have kept some things for a rebuttal or brought fresh ideas in after another point was addressed, debated, and concluded.

A fun way to avoid "wallatext", use
and you can keep the flow of text quite manageable--you can even bring up certain things that might detract from your overall message while still making an impact/proving a point
or summarize yourself; if you don't want to read it, other people probably don't want to read it. Lastly, spacing and pacing are important, but don't abuse either......unless the situation calls for it
have you ever seen a HWWC boxer sing their way into a victory? Have you seen a HWWC boxer start a boxing match with their newborn child while trying to read a nursery rhyme? If you answered "Yes!" to either, you're a liar or the internet is not for you

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it is seemless

I don't think you can quote me on this one.

I'd like to buy a vowel
Most people enjoy PlayStation 4's but the Playstations 3's are much more of a success

Alex, I'd like to buy a vowel, because Vana isn't here and What is, "What is the question?"?
How do you get somewhere if you want to stay on a safer side. Of a success.

Is it Money? C, final answer, Money.
You could always go back to the topic of old ports or remasters of other games.

gameplay to exactly "wow" you.
Nothing wows. Its all just self entertainment or self interest…

rebuttal or brought fresh ideas in

I like Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic R(acing), and other things that aren't Mario Kart, but I like Mario Kart, too & that's not how you "bandwagon".
Without being sentible, you could just simply put. The console, or manufactor you buy is the one you enjoy most. But its not necessarly the one you do enjoy much in times of disparity. If you get my meaning,

Games are impossible to play unless you have a hand of your choice.
That's a common mistake because products of marketing can be taken in another direction if its possible. Others want to.

if you don't want to read it
I read half of what you said, and to answer the other question you have in mind. Find what you have most intrest in. Just don't be disregarded.

get the HD mod
Sure. I could get the HD Mod, of Mario, but what point would it have when MKWii or MK 64 has already been released? What purpouse would it serve other than looking at peeking or peeked intrest.

H1B1Esquire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the HD Mod
Nostalgia, for $500.

I read half of what you said
So, if you started reading half of what I originally wrote, the eventual breakdown of information when you reply is B. 0.03125, final answer.

If you get my meaning
I do not; can you use the meaning in a sentence?

I had no clue what you were getting at or why you brought it up and that was the best rhyme-reply I could muster without much effort. Pretty much:
Nobody:

Its one of the reasons why Arcade Machines are so expensive that are made by Bando Namco or SEGA of America or Japan.

That's not here, but it might be there.

How do you get somewhere if you want to stay on a safer side. Of a success.
What is, "What is a typo?", for $300. That was a typo, right?

PS2 was bigger.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're even talking about anymore--I was going to go through all of your posts to see if this is "just you", but I started watching cat videos about the rusty spotted cat.

Do you want to start over and bring up one point at a time? I really would like to know your thoughts on this thread, but maybe not every thought you have in one post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...