Buying the Game without the System?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by ponygals, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponygals
    OP

ponygals GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2013
    United States
    California
    Have any of you, ever bought a game without the system? Like your new to the gaming consoles and wanted to go forth and buy the games you wanted first, then buy the console you wanted for those games, later on? Or do you think this is a silly idea.

2. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    No, I think that's silly... unless it's a limited edition game, that I know will be sold out and 300% more expensive in a few years.

Otherwise, I think it's better to buy games AFTER you have the console, since the earlier games will most probably be cheaper by then.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  3. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Depends. Own sevrak games that I do not own the original console but can play on other consokes such as the fact that I owned a Gamecube Gba player before owning a gba. Likewise I own a few original gb and gbc games while playing them on my gba.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I buy steam games on sale so when i get a better pc i have something to play. :P

There been a few instances where i actually wanted to buy a game, example during march street fighter V was $10 on amazon during capcom pro tour tournement weekend, and i didn't have a system for it but i was tempted.... it was $50 saved, but i didn't cause i didn't have a amazon account. But i would have. Can't even find the game for the price lower than $20 now, value of it increased with more content added and time passed.

Is not dumb, is just how you think about it. Imagine you wanted a ps4 but you need games, on ps3 and psp vita there is cross buy, where buying games on psn allows you to own it on all your systems with only one price paid. For example, Retro city rampage DX cost $10 so if you buy it, you own, PSP, Ps3 PSVita and PS4 game all for one price. Very nice to have. :)

I actually got my ps4 this month, and on my games library, i can play Retro city rampage, Dragon fantasy Black tome of ice, Pier Solar and great arcitechs, simply cause i bought it on my ps3. If you have playstation plus you can add ps4 games to your download list for free so when you get one, you can have games to play as soon as you get the system. :P

Since i'm one who is not rich, i tend to buy low cost quality games mostly on sale. For example obtaning free gaames on playstation plus requires you to have a active plus account to play them, but sometime they have games on sale with greater reduced price for plus members, so you can selectively activate temporary subscriptions, buy the discounted games, and cause you paid for it you own it with out subscription obligation, It works for most services, even xbox market gold too. So just some advice. If you manage to buy a game for discount, you may not feel bad about it if the game isn't what you like since you paid less than full price. :)

I don't think anything wrong with buying games for a system you don't own, if you intend to play it one day, sometimes is other reasons like collection purposes, cause you want to, like the way it is... you never know, we people as human do weird things other humans already don't understand. :P

In the end, having games without console is more motivation to get the conole, so perhaps it helps mentally in ways. :D

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 15, 2016
  5. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    my sister bought animal crossinh amiibo festival when it came out, we don't have a wii u... still don't have one, i make fun of her consistently for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.