OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

just a simple question:

I am actually in France and I would like to buy Splatoon 2 from a local retailer but I don't know if the game will work correctly on my Nintendo Switch which has an italian account and if the game will run in italian (both texts and voices).

Thank you for your support.

Andrea.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

just a simple question:

I am actually in France and I would like to buy Splatoon 2 from a local retailer but I don't know if the game will work correctly on my Nintendo Switch which has an italian account and if the game will run in italian (both texts and voices).

Thank you for your support.

Andrea.
I live in Germany, my system is set up to English and with accounts for Germany, Spain, USA and Japan.
Everything I've bought in Germany runs fine in English, Spanish and German for sure.
Both text, and voices when available (some like Disgaea 5 have only English voices and text even when used in German)

AFAIK, except for the cover (that will be in French perhaps) the game card is exactly the same as the one you would get in Italy.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
every EU game is the same(except the cover langauge that is), we dont have special langauages anymore for each region, either the game has multi5 or not, if your console is set in italian and the eu version supports italian it will show the game in italian doesnt matter if you bought it from uk,france,germany and whatever, the gc games days are over even wii games were all the same and changed the language based on the console language.

that said im from portugal and i have my switch in english becuase i dislike portuguese dubs in games lol.

Sephiroth79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
haha, thank you.

This is limited to EU however right?

I mean if I buy for example a retail game in japan it will not run in italian as it will not contain italian language and/or other UE languages right?

Andrea.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
haha, thank you.

This is limited to EU however right?

I mean if I buy for example a retail game in japan it will not run in italian as it will not contain italian language and/or other UE languages right?

Andrea.
If you buy a game in Japan it will sure run on your Switch, but almost sure in Japanese.
Some Japanese games sold in Japan have also English text and/or audio (Disgaea 5, Ikenie to Yuki Setsuna, etc), and they would run in your Switch in English, even though you bought them in Japan.

I haven't heard of Japanese games with Italian text included, but perhaps some Nintendo games have it, don't count on that anyway.

Games bought anywhere in North/Center/South America usually include English, Spanish and French... sometimes also Portuguese.
I don't think they include Italian though.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most switch games have identical cartridges no matter the region
the only game that i know of so far where that is not the case is splatoon 2 which got 3 different versions (U.S E.U JP)
there are probably others but for the most part games will get only one version

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you set up multiple accounts?
You just get to the switch configuration and add a user.
Then around the process you select to link this user with some Nintendo account.
There you can select an existing account or create a new one.
If you choose to create a new one it will send you further instructions by E-Mail that need to be performed on a PC.
Follow the instruction and create a new account, when you are creating the account select the region you want for that account.
Each user on your Switch can be linked to a different account. You can add up to 8 users, so you can have up to 8 linked accounts.

Additional tips:
  • Each account needs a "different" E-Mail address.
  • If you are using gmail and you want to use only one mail address for all the accounts there is a trick:

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-