Buying DLC pack though 3rd party?

steve_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the upcoming Mario Kart Booster course DLC i have seen many 3rd party sites offering it for a fair bit less than Nintendo.

Its not even an insignificant discount either, i have seen the Booster course pass for £5.97 ($8.01) less than Nintendo is offering it for, is this a scam or have others bought DLC from 3d party sites?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try it. you might get a download code or something. I know that when I bought psn + on the ps5, I bought it through a third party someone told me about. no issues.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you can pay with paypal there. I'd suggest only using paypal or something like that with any site you don't know about. that will at least protect you.

steve_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this site is reliable, but I don't know if you'll get much of a discount or even if they offer nintendo stuff. this is where I got my discount on psn+: https://www.cdkeys.com/

Funny you mention CD Keys, thats one of the sites ive seen advertising it: https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/mario-kart-8-deluxe-booster-pack-switch-eu

I have come across other sites which have hundreds of negative reviews on trusted reviews and those are clearly sites to avoid but wondered if they were all a scam or if some are legit, i think i will give CD Keys a try and use paypal like you suggest, its a hell of a discount over the Nintendo store :)

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the site from a friend, @Glyptofane . I think he's used it for years, and I just noticed that gamepass is on there, so I may do that next month. I think my gamepass thing is up on March 8th, then another payment. what I didn't know till today is that there's gamepass ultimate and gamepass for console, the latter is what I want, so I payed $14.99 for nothing. the console only version is $9.99, similar to that new thing that may come out for playstation. very good deal on its own with tons of discounts. good luck.

Alsusee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've used CDKeys to purchase the BOTW DLC as it was cheaper than most other places. It gets recommended on HotUKDeals frequently.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the site from a friend, @Glyptofane . I think he's used it for years, and I just noticed that gamepass is on there, so I may do that next month. I think my gamepass thing is up on March 8th, then another payment. what I didn't know till today is that there's gamepass ultimate and gamepass for console, the latter is what I want, so I payed $14.99 for nothing. the console only version is $9.99, similar to that new thing that may come out for playstation. very good deal on its own with tons of discounts. good luck.
Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Live Gold, so you can't play online or redeem the monthly games with the normal Game Pass option... I think? :unsure:

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I know, cdkeys have an official partnership with Nintendo in the UK for providing switch eshop keys. so you should be able to trust them.

there was a page I found back then detailing this, I'm trying to find it again so I can link it.

I remembered wrong, it was GMG who had a partnership with Nintendo, for the 3DS and Wii U.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/gr...tendo-to-sell-digital-wii-u-and-3ds-software/

I think you can trust cdkeys though. They source their keys from completely legitimate means. It's a bit of a grey area, but they exploit regional pricings to get keys at the lowest prices possible and resell those. That's how they're able to offer much lower prices.

Last edited by Deleted member 585564,

steve_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as far as I know, cdkeys have an official partnership with Nintendo in the UK for providing switch eshop keys. so you should be able to trust them.

there was a page I found back then detailing this, I'm trying to find it again so I can link it.

I remembered wrong, it was GMG who had a partnership with Nintendo, for the 3DS and Wii U.

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/gr...tendo-to-sell-digital-wii-u-and-3ds-software/

I think you can trust cdkeys though. They source their keys from completely legitimate means. It's a bit of a grey area, but they exploit regional pricings to get keys at the lowest prices possible and resell those. That's how they're able to offer much lower prices.
just had a look at green man gaming and it seems they are no longer offering Nintendo content sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters