Hardware busted blueray drive/update loop

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I reflowed a PS3, but the BR drive doesn't show up in the XMB, I checked the cables and shit and everything's fine, is there any solution to see if this drive is busted completley or not? I'm stuck on an update loop, trying to get to 3.41. Around 70% it stops and resets itself and starts the update process again. Since it stops at 70% I'm assuming the BR drive is the problem, as it doesn't show up in the xmb. Its a 60GB launch model w/ PS2 emulation, so I really don't wanna get rid of it. Any help?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
OK so I reflowed a PS3, but the BR drive doesn't show up in the XMB, I checked the cables and shit and everything's fine, is there any solution to see if this drive is busted completley or not? I'm stuck on an update loop, trying to get to 3.41. Around 70% it stops and resets itself and starts the update process again. Since it stops at 70% I'm assuming the BR drive is the problem, as it doesn't show up in the xmb. Its a 60GB launch model w/ PS2 emulation, so I really don't wanna get rid of it. Any help?

PS3 slim works fine without the blu-ray drive in.. well does the drive respond? take disc, eject disc, etc..? One of mine had a similar problem and it was the hard drive.

Edit: oh wait nvm i guess

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there was a disc in it, I'm sure of it. I opened the drive up and took the disc out and it still won't take new discs in, and won't show up in the XMB even with a disc in it

NaxSquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
This has happened to me before, just make sure the optical drive is connected. Make sure all the wires are connected.

NaxSquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
Oh, after rereading your post. I see what the problem is. It's a bit tricky to close the optical drive correctly. It's really difficult to explain, but let me guess. When you try to insert a disc inside the lock pops up and prevents the disc to go in?

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naxsquall said:
oh, after rereading your post. i see what the problem is. it's a bit tricky to close the optical drive correctly. it's really difficult to explain, but let me guess. when you try to insert a disc inside the lock pops up and prevents the disc to go in?

i closed it correctly, the blue light doesn't even come on for the drive, plus nothing shows up in the xmb when i know i have all the cables hooked up correctly. is this thing fucked or what? i've cleaned the lens, tried re-aligning the drive, no luck. should i face the fact that my drive is busted probably and i have a useless ps3 now? goddamn sony.

NaxSquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
ZombiePosessor said:
i closed it correctly, the blue light doesn't even come on for the drive, plus nothing shows up in the xmb when i know i have all the cables hooked up correctly. is this thing fucked or what? i've cleaned the lens, tried re-aligning the drive, no luck. should i face the fact that my drive is busted probably and i have a useless ps3 now? goddamn sony.

It might be the case, sorry to hear that, man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users