Burning with Magic ISO?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Fr0sTby7eX, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

Fr0sTby7eX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    I just burnt the 1.9s firmware and Cfg disks for the Wiikey and they are DVD+R disks, I get a disk read error. So, my question is...is it my Wii or Magic ISO that is the problem?

2. Volkov

Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Burn them using ImgBurn.
    Use DVD-R Media.
    Depending on how old your wiikey is you may been to start with a 1.2config disc and then set region free off, then use the 1.3 disc THEN the 1.9g/1.9s update.
    If more problems persist, burn a GCOS bootdisc onto DVD-R and then use that to boot your 1.2/1.3 config disc first...

That should fix most of the problem...they are pretty common with wiikey

EDIT - make sure you padded the ISO's out using the correct batch files that come with the config disc, I think you might have to pay the file to 1.4GB or whatever it is...

3. Fr0sTby7eX
    OP

Fr0sTby7eX Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Lol thank you, I tried with Nero 8 and it worked perfectly. I am still confused though as to why when I used the 1.9 cfg it said 1.4 cfg on the Wii.

4. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    Because it's the config disc for the 1.9 update series.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice