Hacking Burning DSBX with Mac OS X

Dajk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have searched the forums and I did not find anything about this.
smile.gif

I'm having trouble burning the game with OS X. Normal Wii games burn perfect but this one doesn't. I have the right ISO with the right bytes and stuff but Disc Utility burns a #001 dvd.
frown.gif
Burning it right now with Dragon Burn. DSBX dvd5 plays great.

PAL Wii 3.1E (no dual channels)
Verbatim DVD+DL 2.4x
Wiikey 1.9g

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif
!

CausticSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using Disc Utility is probably the issue. Try using Wiijunkies instead. Or, if you've got an Intel Mac, use Boot Camp or Parallels to run windows. Then you can use ImgBurn (this is how I've been burning most games on my Mac).

For me, this is all still a bit academic, as I'm waiting for my Wii to get back to me from being chipped. Once it's here, I'll let you know which burns have turned out the best.

Dajk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using Disc Utility is probably the issue. Try using Wiijunkies instead. Or, if you've got an Intel Mac, use Boot Camp or Parallels to run windows. Then you can use ImgBurn (this is how I've been burning most games on my Mac).

For me, this is all still a bit academic, as I'm waiting for my Wii to get back to me from being chipped. Once it's here, I'll let you know which burns have turned out the best.

I guess so, but that makes WiiJunkies obsolete as that app uses OS X' own burn framework.
huh.gif
I tried using ImgBurn in VMWare but it wouldn't burn because of some interchange thingy.
dry.gif
Anyway, turns out that the Dragon Burn dvd is perfect! I used a speed of 2x and nothing crashes whatsoever on my Wii!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and as for Toast, I have read numerous things about Toast not burning Wii iso's good. The app asked me for pregap and postgap stuff anyway.

lowbelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use disk utility for every wii game-- in fact I always use my macbook pro instead of my desktop pc because disk utility gives me better burns. I have burned good copies of the DVD9 with disk utility, default settings, Memorex +R media.

It's an intel macbook pro, about a year old.

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disk utility works fine for me... Never a bad burn.

memorex dvd+r DL

try burning at 2.5x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...