Bulletstorm 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by snakepliskin2334, Apr 21, 2012.

Apr 21, 2012

Bulletstorm 2 by snakepliskin2334 at 9:21 PM (479 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. snakepliskin2334
    OP

Member snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well i have played the first bulletstorm game for pc and i have got to say its by far the best shoot em ups i have played in a long time aside from modern warfare series i hope that they make a bulletstorm 2 for the pc anyone agree with me on this idea (:

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Bulletstorm was good if you're 12 10. Overuse of "potty humor", story was shit for a shoot em up, and just mediocre gameplay pretty much described this game.

However, I do enjoy playing it once in a while when I'm extremely bored and have nothing to do.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I enjoyed this game a lot, it was a good mindless shooter in days when there are way too many boring po faced shooters where the directors seem to want to just copy Michael Bay's "MORE EXPLOSIONS MEANS BETTER PRODUCT" style of production. I enjoyed the many different ways to kill different guys and not once did it become boring unlike it does in CoD. Also at least the language isn't as needless as it was in Battlefield 3.

The makers have said that there may not be a sequel, it didn't do too well and the old "everyone on PC pirated it" excuse was to why.

http://kotaku.com/5900519/bulletstorm-probably-wont-get-a-sequel-pc-pirates-blamed-for-poor-sales

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It looked fine enough, but it's not something I ever got around to trying. I may one day, but there's a ton of other games I'm going to need to get through first.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    HELL NO!!!!

Honestly: if this is the best shoot 'em up you've played, then that's saying more of the quality of the other FPS'es you've played.
    Perhaps the constant bitching between the players is a plus if you're into that sort of humor, but most of the time I just wanted everyone to shut the fuck up. It's also short (which wasn't exactly a minus in my book) but instead of an end boss it just had some retarded quicktime events.
    The style points were sorta fun, but unlike Hadrian I grew tired of it after about half an hour.
    This game also has the doubfull honor of being the one with the "worst first impression ever" from all games I know. Reason: while installing the PC game, it repeatedly said I had to go with the xbox360 version instead.

I honestly don't get it. Epic made the Unreal, unreal tournament and UT2004, and People can fly made painkiller...all of which were great games. Where did those guys go wrong?
    While I never played gears of war (which seems to be more about hiding away from firefights and actually shooting), this game looked like it'd be fun (which just happens to be the main fucking REASON why one plays games). In the end, I felt like I was mislead by trailers and peer pressure into buying a shallow excuse to take my money.

6. Hyborix3

Member Hyborix3 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Meh it was okay just wished it was longer

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Although I haven't played the game, I believe it was designed to be a score-based game and not just a single player romp. See Vanquish for a similar shooter that does this.