Building new pc??

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by vergilite, Aug 14, 2009.

1. vergilite
    OP

vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

Apr 14, 2009
    Liv-Liv-Liverpool YEAH!
    Really need some help hear guys
    i have just started work and am on £100 every pay day (only Saturday job) and i want to build a gaming p.c from ground up [​IMG]
    im not a complete n00b as i have experience with taking computers apart etc., but i suck at the exacts like how good the graphics card is or how fast the processor is so i would like some help in achieving my ideal design first off i was thinking of getting this case:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-Cruiser-ATX-Gaming...id=p3286.c0.m14
    what do you think ?
    i have £100 to spend on each separate part of the system although i don't want to spend that much unless i have to, i will be writing a list of the parts i will be getting then getting them one by one so any other ideas on what graphics card (must be Nvidia), mother board etc to get would be great [​IMG]

2. moose3

moose3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    NC
    You can check this earlier thread the third page has links that I and others put up for different sites with a 'building a new computer' list.

3. nado84

nado84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2009
    Norway
    I've built my fair share of PCs and I would never recommend buying one part at a time. If you buy everything in one order you will most likely save some money since prices on computer parts drop.

Read forums, reviews etc. www.trustedreviews.com , www.tomshardware.com , and other sites.... If you're too lazy to figure out whats good then you might as well just buy a PC from Dell.... How do you think other people learned to build PCs? [​IMG]

PS: Saying you're a n00b will make people even less inclined to help you. If you want help then you have to make an effort yourself.... Try putting together 3 configurations and posting them here for advice and feedback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice