Building new pc??

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by vergilite, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009

Building new pc?? by vergilite at 4:46 PM (445 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    Really need some help hear guys
    i have just started work and am on £100 every pay day (only Saturday job) and i want to build a gaming p.c from ground up [​IMG]
    im not a complete n00b as i have experience with taking computers apart etc., but i suck at the exacts like how good the graphics card is or how fast the processor is so i would like some help in achieving my ideal design first off i was thinking of getting this case:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-Cruiser-ATX-Gaming...id=p3286.c0.m14
    what do you think ?
    i have £100 to spend on each separate part of the system although i don't want to spend that much unless i have to, i will be writing a list of the parts i will be getting then getting them one by one so any other ideas on what graphics card (must be Nvidia), mother board etc to get would be great [​IMG]

2. moose3

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can check this earlier thread the third page has links that I and others put up for different sites with a 'building a new computer' list.

3. nado84

Newcomer nado84 Member

Norway
    I've built my fair share of PCs and I would never recommend buying one part at a time. If you buy everything in one order you will most likely save some money since prices on computer parts drop.

Read forums, reviews etc. www.trustedreviews.com , www.tomshardware.com , and other sites.... If you're too lazy to figure out whats good then you might as well just buy a PC from Dell.... How do you think other people learned to build PCs? [​IMG]

PS: Saying you're a n00b will make people even less inclined to help you. If you want help then you have to make an effort yourself.... Try putting together 3 configurations and posting them here for advice and feedback.