Homebrew Building Home Brew Launcher

panther666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have an erro when i try to build from dimok's master branch.
I have complete devkitPPC and additionally libraries (include the portlibs packages in my devkitPro path).
But every time i try to compile hbl with 'make' - returns with next message:

d:/1/homebrew_launcher-2.1/src/system/CThread.h: In constructor 'CThread::CThread(int, int, int, CThread::Callback, void*)':
d:/1/homebrew_launcher-2.1/src/system/CThread.h:45:37: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(int, void*)' to 's32 (*)(s32, void*) {aka long int (*)(long int, void*)}' [-fpermissive]
OSCreateThread(pThread, &CThread::threadCallback, 1, this, (u32)pThreadStack+iStackSize, iStackSize, iPriority, iAttributes);
^~~~~~~~
In file included from d:/1/homebrew_launcher-2.1/src/Application.cpp:21:0:
d:/1/homebrew_launcher-2.1/src/gui/VPadController.h: In member function 'virtual bool VPadController::update(int, int)':
d:/1/homebrew_launcher-2.1/src/gui/VPadController.h:41:31: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 's32* {aka long int*}' [-fpermissive]
VPADRead(0, &vpad, 1, &vpadError);
^~~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Can somebody explain what it means?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IT tells you what it means 'invalid conversion' try to change type of the variable/pointer for example. I didn't look into the code at all ;) and most likely devkitppc or so was update so some things changed.

panther666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
IT tells you what it means 'invalid conversion' try to change type of the variable/pointer for example. I didn't look into the code at all ;) and most likely devkitppc or so was update so some things changed.

Where i can change type of the variable/pointer? And what params should i make?

PS Sorry, i'm not coder, i dont understand a lot, i only want to compile hbl with other colors... :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@dimok can you give some advice?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
The latest devkitPPC is a shocker - lots of files have been copy-pasted from gcc with no changes for the GC/Wii/Wii U at all. What this means is that an s32, which once resolved into a 32-bit integer, now points to something else entirely.
Your best bet is to use an older devkitPPC. There is a way to fix the issue by changing one of the headers, but I don't remember which (gctypes.h?)

panther666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The latest devkitPPC is a shocker - lots of files have been copy-pasted from gcc with no changes for the GC/Wii/Wii U at all. What this means is that an s32, which once resolved into a 32-bit integer, now points to something else entirely.
Your best bet is to use an older devkitPPC. There is a way to fix the issue by changing one of the headers, but I don't remember which (gctypes.h?)

What version of devkitPPC you recommend?
devkitPro-1.5.3
devkitPro-1.5.4
And where i can find old libs with it in one archive? If i download from official site, i revieve latest versions.

Last edited by panther666,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
What version of devkitPPC you recommend?
devkitPro-1.5.3
devkitPro-1.5.4
And where i can find old libs with it in one archive? If i download from official site, i revieve latest versions.
My (old) copy identifies itself as "devkitPPC release 27," can't really help you out much more than that.
@FIX94, do you remember what header needed changing to fix the whole s32 != int thing?

panther666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
D

Deleted User

For whatever reason devkitppc r28 changed that which practically breaks everything you can compile right now.
https://mega.nz/#!Ih5BAYJR!8IitApECKcn9TSKvBb8qTjQ8Qjl6XvLXzzg5h6NcxHk
overwrite the stdint.h file in devkitpro/devkitppc/powerpc-eabi/include with this and it'll work just fine.
I tried and got an error:
767210b4452140d08227bd59674646d0.png

I think it must be a missing glm.hpp file, but where do I put it?

D

Deleted User

For some weird reason, I get "-5" or "FSGetMountSource failed" error on top left corner of the screen when booting up Homebrew, even I compiled it as complete original one. I compared between release version and compiled version of .elf files with MD5/SHA1 and they're different but same file size...
Sorry, I was using an older version of portlibs, but I got v0.2 latest one now xP

Now I'm getting new error
78a3c0cf43e84f8eb3ca2a20f70ae55a.png

Last edited by ,

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've been trying to build the homebrew launcher for hours now and I can't get it to work. It keeps giving me errors like "bin2s: command not found." and "undefined reference to 'bgMusic_ogg'" etc. I made sure to properly install all the dependencies and their dependencies. I also tried using older portlibs from hblauncher releases and the one that was referenced in this thread but it didn't change anything.
Screenshots of the output:
upload_2019-4-7_13-32-50.png

"Kommando nicht gefunden" means "command not found"
upload_2019-4-7_13-33-49.png

"fehler" is "error" so it exits with an error 2.

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been trying to build the homebrew launcher for hours now and I can't get it to work. It keeps giving me errors like "bin2s: command not found." and "undefined reference to 'bgMusic_ogg'" etc. I made sure to properly install all the dependencies and their dependencies. I also tried using older portlibs from hblauncher releases and the one that was referenced in this thread but it didn't change anything.
Screenshots of the output:
View attachment 163041
"Kommando nicht gefunden" means "command not found"
View attachment 163042
"fehler" is "error" so it exits with an error 2.
You need to have bin2s installed which is part of devkitPro's general tools.
Install them with:

Code:
(dkp-)pacman -S general-tools

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum