Building a Hackintosh

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ace, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011

Building a Hackintosh by Ace at 8:56 PM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Ace
    OP

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    I have a collection of PC parts that I know work together very well. They're from a scrapped Packard Bell IXTREME I6512 that previously had Windows 7 x64 and Ubuntu. The Specs I got:
    -Intel Core i3 (530G) 2,93 GHz.
    -3x2GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz.
    -1 TB WD HDD (32MB cache, SATA, 5400 RPM)
    -Nvidia GeForce GT320 1024 MB
    -4 USB ports
    -A sufficiently strong power supply to power all of this. Maybe 450 W.
    The problem here is that the computer came installed with Ubuntu, and I'd prefer to either have OS X or Windows on it. The Windows 7 key came on the side of the case, so i peeled the sticker off and kept it safe. But I have no Windows 7 x64 install DVD for it. I cannot get a Windows 7 DVD, and I'm equally interested in trying out Hackintosh. I'd like to ask (those who are knowledgeable here) if the specs I have provided will run Snow Leopard? Or, in the case that you know how I can get a Windows 7 x64 DVD (Home Premium, btw) without a license key WITHOUT PIRATING, I'd be glad to hear it.

If this is illegal to talk about (although it shouldn't be, since you need a retail Snow Leopard to Hackintosh, anyway...), just report it and I'll ask elsewhere. I'M NOT ASKING FOR WAREZ. I ONLY WANT TO KNOW THE POSSIBILITIES.

Thanks, oh, so very much in advance,

Ace Faith.

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    the specs are compatible with snow, but make sure you can find the right drivers for your hackint0sh

ie nvinject for nvida graphic cards, audio drivers for your soundcard (try searching the osx86 wiki)

if you have any kernal panics, research your problem and obtain/edit kexts if necessary

3. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the easiest way I found to hackintosh is use iboot and multibeast, got my old DV6000t fully working in about 2 hours.
    Iboot, is to load the retail disc, and mutlibeast contains plenty of Kext(drivers) for most hardware, and installs a bootloader.