Gaming Bugs in The World Ends with You

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most "bugs" on the M3/G6 and even R4 are caused by the "Soft Reset" feature. If you leave it OFF, 100% of the games will run flawlessly. About 95% of the games will run with the Soft Reset feature. TWEWY is one that is buggy with it on. When you have to press select for a battle to start (begining of each week), it will glitch and WhiteScreenOfDeath if you have the Soft Reset.

For those of you who don't know what the Soft Reset feature is, if you hold LeftRightYAB or LeftRightXAB it will take you back to the Firmware menu to select a ROM... you don't really need the feature, just turn off/on your DS and it'll do about the same thing... just takes 2-3 seconds longer.

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only time it freezes on me is if I use certain pins. Some pins where you have to press down on an empty space always freezes for me. Did anyone else have this problem?

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am having the same issue with mine. I have the m3 Real with a sandisk 4GB sdhc mem card. version 3.7 of the software, and it was happening from the first run of the game on my card. Just for a laugh I tried the european version of the game and it went through the cutscene but i shut my ds off and it has not worked since. none of the tricks posted here work. if there are any other suggestions I'm open to hear them. I even tried formatting my card and reloading everything on it and that did not even help.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried closing the DS during the cutscene, but the system is unable to register the close when i freezes, meaning that the game doesn't go to "sleep." I did the disable softreset and pressed Y, but same problem. I guess I'll have to re-download the game and see if that will fix the problem.

M3 DS Real, firmware 4.2c
4GB Kingston SDMicro

thebuster2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to pass this bug here is the way:
After you finish the 1st frog fight you have and Neku (main character) says "I gotta run" when you touch the screen with your stylus to move on to the scene, start opening and closing (folding) your ds. But DO NOT turn off your ds ( i know its common seance but maybe some stupid guy might do it so just incase...... DON'T TURN OFF YOUR DS!!!!!). Just keep on folding and opening your ds until you pass the scene where the main character and the skull head guy passed each other. Hope this works.

There's another bug in TWEWY:
in the second week of the game there is a specific battle scene that after you bit the monster your ds just stays white or froze if that happen I guess you just have to hold L+R buttons together until its over. I know which battle it is but i won't tell you because it will spoil the game so if I were you I will just save the game everytime i plan to go to another area in the game because this battle beggins when you enter a specific area in 2nd or 3rd day of 2nd week. So yeah... just heads up ... peace fello players!!

"Play Hard, Cheat easier!!!"

-Demon-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Oh man, I cannot believe it

I have a R4, and I already played this game on it months ago, no bugs.
Yesterday I downloaded it again (eur version) and..it freezes at the beginning of the third chapter, right when you try to leave the dark area.

I'm currently downloading the usa version to see if it depends on the rom or the R4 (with TWEWY is almost full)

Any suggestions?

Anyway sorry for bumping this, but any idea is welcome

EDIT: even with the usa rom is the same, freezes at the same spot..that's strange, cause the first time I played it I remembre i got to the 5th chapter

ARIEDIT: Problem solved, I Just put it into another emptysd and it works..probably it needs a bit of space

neogeo1990

Trophies
XP
Country
My game froze at the very end of the credits where there is the Jupiter logo? The music stutters and when I close the DS to try and enter sleep mode it doesn't, so its definitely freezing. Could anyone help me please? ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC