Bugs in Preloader 0.28

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by madmikeuk, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009

Bugs in Preloader 0.28 by madmikeuk at 3:56 PM (2,774 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. madmikeuk
    OP

Newcomer madmikeuk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    NOTE: I haven't tried this on any other Wii than my 3.2E launch Wii with WC24 ON.

I found these (possible) bugs in Preloader 0.28, just wanted to see if anyone else can reproduce it.

Step 1: Boot into the Preloader menu (power up while holding RESET). Make sure you have a WOD, GC disk or backup in the drive (since WOD disks are large and run at 6x I recommend you try it with one to make it easier to notice.)
    Step 2: Go into Preloader settings, and check that Ignore shutdown setting is off. If it is on, turn it off.
    Bug 1: Boot into the system menu at this point. If you have a WOD already in the drive and toggle ignore shutdown setting to off, the System Menu will not initialize the drive until another disk is inserted (the drive motor will not turn on and the laser will not run, as if you had no disk in the drive)
    Bug 2: Eject the disk and load it back in. The drive will start spinning again and the System Menu will load your disk. Now shutdown your Wii via the Wiimote or the power button on your console (NOT BY THE PLUG, the bug won't show itself then). After your TV/Monitor displays "no input" or similar, get close to your Wii. You should notice that the drive is still spinning. Don't worry though, it'll stop when you turn your Wii back on, and won't occur again if you turn Ignore shutdown setting off.

If anyone else can reproduce these bugs, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    yeah I've notest that bug too, but I didn't know it was because of preloader...!! [​IMG]

3. AsosaYoung

Member AsosaYoung GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Mines has been doing this for about a week. Redid SoftMii pack 2 times and still happen.
    Thanks for the info.

4. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    This is exactly why I uninstalled preloader. I hope this gets solved in an update.

5. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    The ugliest bug in preloader is, if you lose your wiimote's sync while your preloader is configured with no autoboot... then you are stuck to use your gc controller to open system menu... it doesn't sync wiimotes in any way...

6. twofive

Member twofive GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. Since I have no gamecube controller I had to run over to a friend's to get me one lol

7. harryk

Member harryk GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    My Wii shutdown behaviour seems kinda weird since I installed preloader. I couldn't find a pattern, though, yet. But it happens frequently that my Wii doesn't do what I want it to do since I installed preloader/softmii :-/ I deactiveted the standby-feature, but still...

8. dodol

Member dodol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    anyone else expereience sometimes Wii doesn't want to "eat" the GC disc when I try to insert new disc.
    Usually I have to reset Wii again, removing preloader fix it.
    3.2U WC24on, ignore shutdown on

9. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Wow, for me is only the disc keeping spinning while the Wii is OFF, but it seems that this is why PreLoader is v0.28 and not v1.0+

10. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you select to "ignore standby" to on, the disc wont spin anymore and itll completely turn off the wii (red light). thats the only way i kept it from spinning the disc while its off.

11. Stephanie

Member Stephanie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah this is an issue. I want my standby on. I'm thinking I may uninstall preloader.

Would 'Stop Disc' setting stop the disc when you turn it off?

~Steph

12. madmikeuk
    OP

Newcomer madmikeuk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    No, it doesn't. :/

13. Stephanie

Member Stephanie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Aww, poop [​IMG]

~Steph