BSOD :(

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by afif95, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009

BSOD :( by afif95 at 4:19 PM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. afif95
    OP

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    The problem started a few days ago. I'm running on Windows XP Essential (A "pirates" Windows XP installation disc mod, which makes it "genuine" and looks like Vista. Several other programs are installed along the way), Asrock motherboard (sucks I know), on-board graphics, 1 GB Kingston RAM DDR400 (Yea, I know).

When I shut down the PC, a BSOD screen came out.
    The error? "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".
    The offset? "0X0000000A (0X000000B0, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8052D716)

I thought it was a problem with me installing Counter Strike, but even after uninstalling it, the problem prevailed. Checked out the Event Log, I had some mysterious errors and warnings:

1)Repeating errors of this "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Norton 2009 Reset service to connect." and this "The Norton 2009 Reset service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. " although I already uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2009.

2)Repeating errors of this "The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." I don't know what it is though

3)Repeating errors of this "The {FE4C91E7-22C2-4D0C-9F6B-82F1B7742054} service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified." Still, I don't know what it is.

4)One error of this "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: IDSxpx86". I'm not sure what it is. But it happened last Wednesday (11 March 2009). Back then, I'm not sure if BSOD happened.

5)Two errors of this "The description for Event ID ( 1005 ) in Source ( SRTSP ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. "

6)Two errors of this "The description for Event ID ( 1004 ) in Source ( SRTSP ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details."

----------------------------------------

Changes I made:
    1)Removed Norton, and installed AVG Free.
    2)Installed Counter Strike (But removed soon after)
    3)Installed doPDF, which installs itself as a printer (But removed later)
    4)Installed a bunch of programs (But got rid of them)

3 and 4 is done AFTER BSOD occured. Not sure about 2 and 1 though.

Something worth noting:
    1)My Ext Hard Drive is busted. But this one day, I tried plugging it in, which resulted in a hang up of Windows, till I removed it.
    Doing that resulted in MANY repeating "Warnings" in Event Log. Those "Warnings" are things regarding disk and all that.

2)When I removed doPDF, it somehow removed my HP PSC 1410 printer in the process. That being said, I fixed it by turning on
    the printer, then re-installed its drivers.

3)If anything, I DID NOT put in any new hardware at all. So I think hardware issues are out of the way.

4)I don't think cables inside the CPU is a problem though.

Please, help me out. If possible, I don't want to re-install windows.

2. afif95
    OP

Malaysia
    Whew, I fixed it. Turns out AVG Free is the problem. Uninstalled it and installed Kaspersky.

Thanks to those whom at least taken a look at this thread (Yes, I'm talking about you people back at #Softmii IRC especially Linkinworm)

3. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    One more post and joo got 1337.

4. afif95
    OP

Malaysia
    Whew, I fixed it. Turns out AVG Free is the problem. Uninstalled it and installed Kaspersky.

Thanks to those whom at least taken a look at this thread (Yes, I'm talking about you people back at #Softmii IRC especially Linkinworm)

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    PWN HAPPY 1337'th POST.

Even though it was a repeated post, but meh.

Congrats.

6. afif95
    OP

Malaysia
    Thanks yo.

It's ironic that my 1337 post is a double post XD. Same goes to my 1000th post, which happened inside a Noob's thread XD

7. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    npkcrypt is nprotect keycrypt, also included with (depending on the game) GameGuard.
    If you've ever played a MMO with GameGuard then that's where it came from. Sounds like you uninstalled the game since it's unable to find the file anymore.