Hacking BS9 1.2 and Luma 8.0 (update?)

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I hacked the N3ds not long ago with a lot help from here :)

I see that there is a new update 11.6 and I know is ok to update but my question is:

1. Do I have to somehow update bs9 and luma before updating the n3ds fw?
or can I just update fw and still use bs9 1.2 and luma 8.0? (will have to find out how to update these, I know is on the guide but I am still super n00b)

2. Does Freeshop still works in fw 11.5 ? or do I need to update to 11.6 in order to use freeshop?

The reason I ask this is because the n3ds are always offline, so I just want to make sure, because if I turn on the wifi the new update 11.6 will auto download correct?

Anyone knows if the new minecraft 3ds needs 11.6 ? does it even work at 11.5?

Thanks in advanced!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do I have to somehow update bs9 and luma before updating the n3ds fw?
or can I just update fw and still use bs9 1.2 and luma 8.0?
They will run 11.6 fine, however Luma got some nice stability upgrades since then, but you're free to update at your leisure

because if I turn on the wifi the new update 11.6 will auto download correct?
But not install, it's not a WiiU, and 11.6 is nothing bad
Remember, as long as you're running it through Luma (or another CFW with kernel write protection) B9S cannot be removed by any update

Does Freeshop still works in fw 11.5 ?
It does

Reactions: Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I hacked the N3ds not long ago with a lot help from here :)

I see that there is a new update 11.6 and I know is ok to update but my question is:

1. Do I have to somehow update bs9 and luma before updating the n3ds fw?
or can I just update fw and still use bs9 1.2 and luma 8.0? (will have to find out how to update these, I know is on the guide but I am still super n00b)

2. Does Freeshop still works in fw 11.5 ? or do I need to update to 11.6 in order to use freeshop?

The reason I ask this is because the n3ds are always offline, so I just want to make sure, because if I turn on the wifi the new update 11.6 will auto download correct?

Anyone knows if the new minecraft 3ds needs 11.6 ? does it even work at 11.5?

Thanks in advanced!

1. Nah, you can leave it, but it is recommended to update everything when there is a new version out.

2. Freeshop should still work on 11.5.

3. Just turn on wi-fi, update using system settings, then turn it off, faster than waiting for it to auto-download.

4. Probably? It might work with 11.5, but why keep it on 11.5 when 11.6 works just fine?

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response guys, I just wasn't sure.

I don't want to keep it at 11.5 I was just thinking in case I don't need to update right now,
in case I needed to update bs9 and luma first :) (trying to avoid doing that before I read a lot again to do it)

I did it before but with a lot help, I still don't feel too comfortable in doing the files and steps!!!
I think luma is easy to update by just putting the new bin in the root of sdcard?

When you first do the guide, does luma goes auto into 2 places or just the root?

Updating the bs9 is what I will check a lot before doing it!

Note: I can update system first and then later bs9 and luma? or is better to update bs9 and luma first then system update?

Last edited by Angelita Perez,

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I did it before but with a lot help, I still don't feel too comfortable in doing the files and steps!!!

The more you do this kind of thing, the easier it will get. That's the main benefit to keeping on top of this kind of stuff. If you just want to take a back seat, then you'll end up like one of these backward and out of touch gateway or rxtools people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...