Browserhax not working after trying to downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Insight2k, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Insight2k
    OP

Insight2k GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    Hello everyone,

hopefully this is the right forum for the upcoming question.

i have started to downgrade from 9.6. to 9.2., but it didn't succeed while it was in the downgrade process. i had to power it down and i was able to start the N3DS again after rejecting my sd-card from the device.

it still shows me 9.6., but i know the process was not complete. some cia files were being installed ...
    i formatted my sd card and prepared again for the browserhax. i also reset the whole system / device. it does not work anymore. i have tried the exploit, but after the orange (?) screen, it stops working and i have been thrown back to the home menu with the message "an error occurred ... please restart system ...".

what are my current options? do i have any?

Last edited by Insight2k, Feb 27, 2016
  2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    Looks like you've got franken firmware. Try to use this guide in order to fix it.

3. Insight2k
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    damn, i don't fulfill the requirements :/ if i stay in this "frankenfirmware" state, i won't be unable to do anything, hm?

4. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah, I think so :/

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Alternatively, you could use smashhax or ninjhax. You could also use a cartridge to update to 9.6-10.3 and try downgrading again.

6. Insight2k
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    hm, i see. is there a list where i can see which update is necessary to play a game? smashhax seems complicated and cubic ninja is too expensive imo.

edit:
    nvm, i found 3dsdb :)

Last edited by Insight2k, Feb 27, 2016