Broken microphone "slot"

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Duobix, Nov 2, 2008.

Nov 2, 2008

Broken microphone "slot" by Duobix at 9:22 PM (1,017 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Duobix
    OP

Newcomer Duobix Newbie

Poland
    Well, I have my DSL from it's relase. Besides it's headphones jack there is also the microphone port that does not has the wires that it should have
    normally, making my DS's microphone don't work. So, what I'm asking for? Is there a possible fix in firmware that will tell the DS to use only the
    integrated microphone?

BTW I broke those wires just because I was trying to make a outernal DS microphone [​IMG]

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Wait,

You're talking about the two contacts in the headphone port for the DS Headset?

3. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    I think that sort of thing is handled on a hardware level, not firmware (i.e. if something is detected in the port, use the port).
    I think your only realistic solution is to get a replacement headphone/microphone port from the Internets, and manually replace it. It should be a straightforward case of disassemble, solder-suck, solder, reassemble.
    Some small mobile phone vendors can be persuaded to do this sort of thing for you, I hear; so if you're not too confident, then give that a try [​IMG]

Any services for repair online will most likely charge over the odds; and you'd have to sort out shipping etc.

I can imagine the part is reasonable priced, if you look around.

--

Oh dear; trying to make an external Mic [​IMG] What was wrong with the internal mic? :wtf:

Good luck, anyways [​IMG]

4. KaizokuOu

Newcomer KaizokuOu Newbie

LOL.