Broken microphone "slot"

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Duobix, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Duobix
    OP

Duobix Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    Poland
    Well, I have my DSL from it's relase. Besides it's headphones jack there is also the microphone port that does not has the wires that it should have
    normally, making my DS's microphone don't work. So, what I'm asking for? Is there a possible fix in firmware that will tell the DS to use only the
    integrated microphone?

BTW I broke those wires just because I was trying to make a outernal DS microphone [​IMG]

2. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Wait,

You're talking about the two contacts in the headphone port for the DS Headset?

3. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Augsburg
    I think that sort of thing is handled on a hardware level, not firmware (i.e. if something is detected in the port, use the port).
    I think your only realistic solution is to get a replacement headphone/microphone port from the Internets, and manually replace it. It should be a straightforward case of disassemble, solder-suck, solder, reassemble.
    Some small mobile phone vendors can be persuaded to do this sort of thing for you, I hear; so if you're not too confident, then give that a try [​IMG]

Any services for repair online will most likely charge over the odds; and you'd have to sort out shipping etc.

I can imagine the part is reasonable priced, if you look around.

--

Oh dear; trying to make an external Mic [​IMG] What was wrong with the internal mic? :wtf:

Good luck, anyways [​IMG]

4. KaizokuOu

KaizokuOu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2006
    LOL.