Broken Joycon

Zeooxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
my switch is not modded. Recently my joycon stopped working wirelessly, i have ruled it down to 3 culprits, the wireless antenna, the charging rail or the battery, the joycon only works when on the switch but for it to connect i need to press a button and wait 3-5 seconds, is there any way to for sure rule it down to 1 component? when i try pressing anything while it isn't on the switch it just does nothing, the player lights don't flash, im pretty sure it's the battery but i just need an answer.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is not modded. Recently my joycon stopped working wirelessly, i have ruled it down to 3 culprits, the wireless antenna, the charging rail or the battery, the joycon only works when on the switch but for it to connect i need to press a button and wait 3-5 seconds, is there any way to for sure rule it down to 1 component? when i try pressing anything while it isn't on the switch it just does nothing, the player lights don't flash, im pretty sure it's the battery but i just need an answer.
You can easily rule it out by swapping the battery from the opposite joy con, you’ll need the right tri wing bit to get the 4 screws out holding the back on. You can also mail it to Nintendo and they’ll fix it for free depending on what country you live in. If you are US based I can help with the battery. If not shipping would be too much internationally.

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
not the battery
Do you mean that with the swapped battery it is working fine? Discharge it a little then put it on charging and check if the battery will go up or not. If not maybe it is a broken rail/flex ribbon but if it is worse than that: /

Zeooxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you mean that with the swapped battery it is working fine? Discharge it a little then put it on charging and check if the battery will go up or not. If not maybe it is a broken rail/flex ribbon but if it is worse than that: /
swapped battery doesnt work
Post automatically merged:

Disconnect the Bluetooth module and then reconnect it see if it work, you can also pull one from a work joycon and try it.
i've disconnecting it so lemme try pull a working one
Post automatically merged:

working one doesnt work either so idk
Disconnect the Bluetooth module and then reconnect it see if it work, you can also pull one from a work joycon and try it.

Last edited by Zeooxxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg