Hacking Broken DVD drive and softmodding

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my Wii hacked to my liking and I'm thinking about getting a wii off ebay for my parents as a gift. I'm on as tight of a budget as possible so I was gonna look at getting a Wii with a broken DVD drive to softmod and then use a USB loader since that doesn't need the drive at all. My only question is if I get a wii with a broken DVD drive, it ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's also important how the drive is damaged. If it's too serious, nothing will work. At least the standard usb loaders won't work in this case.

And no i can't tell you how to identify it other than trying, but maybe there's an indicator you can use.

Josh192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disc read errors are the Wii to look for. Although I did manage to get an unboxed Wii with with a working disc drive, all the cables and sensor bar for £40 a couple of months ago (with some haggling
smile.gif
). Although that was quite lucky, you may not be so lucky now its getting to xmas.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course you could temporarily put a working dvd drive in it to mod it (ie, the one from your wii...).

Other alternatives would be things like the wode/sundisk/sundrive/wiikey fusion...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1