Hacking Broken disk?

programmargorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently broke a wii game, but since i own he game anyway i decided to go and download a copy of the game off the internet. I DO NOT, i repeat I DO NOT want flaming of me because i downloaded a copy of the game as i already own the game. anyways the copy that i downloaded off the internet had the wii system upgrader removed, (it's a USA version, i have JAP wii with modchip but i don't know which). so i burnt the game into a DVD and tried to load it with my wii, but it said something along "Broken disk, please consult your users manual (i don't understand japanese, but i manages to find what it meant online)" also i do not want to install cIOS or anything on my wii (authough i already have homebrew channel installed). is there any way to get this game to run with homebrew apps, also i have already tried Gecko OS and NeoGamma R7, in which Gecko OS will not reconise the game and Neogamma will not boot the game.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
P.S. sorry for bad grammar.

Also sorry if i posted in wrong section
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to play a burnt disc, you need to either use a modchip or install a cIOS. You can't just install a loader and expect it to work.

programmargorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if i did not make clear but i said "i have JAP wii with modchip but i don't know which" so yes i do have a modchip, also this is the only game that doesn't work, all other ones work fine, that was why i asked if "the disc without wii system upgrader" was causing the problem. As i stated above, most game backups (except this one) runs fine without error. Also i am running Gecko OS and Neogamma through homebrew channel (i don't know which version but it works and that's all i need for Homebrew anwyays)

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its a bad ISO.
get form another place and try again.
it happened to me before with some game. i think it was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jackdanielchan said:
Don't worry programmagorp we all download from torrents here!
No, not all of us. Quite a few of us don't, actually.

@programmagorp: Sorry, I missed that bit about the modchip in your original post. It does sound like C175R got it right, though.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
for me , it looks like a trucha problem.
I mean , the update was removed from the iso , so it's trucha signed.
And if your wii is above 3.4 : trucha bug is disabled.
Download a 1:1 iso of the game , and i'm pretty sure it will launch
wink.gif

(or install a cIOS and run it with a loader like neogamma , and it will launch too).

programmargorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 3.4
hate2.gif
didn't know it sucked until i updated o.o
i do not wish to downgrade
also the game is Call Of Duty : World at war
another thing is that i found out that Neogamma accutally detected the code of the game but cannot launch it
angry.gif

I do not, i repeat do not wan't to install anything that can potentially brick my wii.......
so is there anything else that i should try before giving up?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Install Bootmii/boot2 if your Wii is old enough. After that make a NAND backup and do whatever you want, because there is almost nothing you can do to brick your Wii if you have Bootmii/boot2 installed, unless you update to 4.2 and then do something.

programmargorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm 1 quick question, will bootmii as boot2 still exist if i accedentally wipe my wii system menu (as i have an old wii, LJA11+ i think)? o.o also how will i navigate through bootmii? (i have no GC controller ROFLMAO)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
programmargorp said:
umm 1 quick question, will bootmii as boot2 still exist if i accedentally wipe my wii system menu (as i have an old wii, LJA11+ i think)? o.o also how will i navigate through bootmii? (i have no GC controller ROFLMAO)
No it won't, and you use the buttons on the Wii itself. Power moves to the next option, Reset selects.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
programmargorp said:
No it won't, and you use the buttons on the Wii itself. Power moves to the next option, Reset selects.
Actually, if all he wipes is the system menu itself and Boot2 is intact, it should still be there and boot (of course, not to the System Menu until you reinstall or something
tongue.gif
).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
Actually, if all he wipes is the system menu itself and Boot2 is intact, it should still be there and boot (of course, not to the System Menu until you reinstall or something
tongue.gif
).
Agreed. I actually read the original question as "Will BootMii be deleted", and hence my answer made no sense. Thanks for the correction.

QUOTE(programmargorp @ Nov 3 2009, 04:02 PM) so if i accedentally wipe system menu off will HBC still be intact? im a noob at this and i don't like to take risks >.

programmargorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything else i should do before i get to a point which i can't turn back? also with the wii nand does that include all my settings/ savegames?

C

CasperH

Benjay said:
for me , it looks like a trucha problem.
I mean , the update was removed from the iso , so it's trucha signed.
And if your wii is above 3.4 : trucha bug is disabled.
Download a 1:1 iso of the game , and i'm pretty sure it will launch
wink.gif

(or install a cIOS and run it with a loader like neogamma , and it will launch too).
Removing a update doesn't mean it is trucha signed, I am pretty sure of that as update remove applications existed long before the Trucha bug was even discovered.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
you're right , and i was wrong.
removing an update with wiibrickblocker doesn't trucha sign the disc , it just does some kind of "hex-editing" to replace the update partition with an empty one , so no trucha signing needed.
My bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol