Broken Compatibility With SD Cards?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Tux', Jan 15, 2010.

1. Tux'
    OP

Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    Yeah, well I'm pretty sure there is some broken compatibility with the release of M3 Sakura 1.45, I'm using a Lexar 4GB SDHC Card and M3 Real and it seems that M3 Sakura doesn't boot, but TouchPod does, I've tried earlier versions(1.43) and it worked like a charm, so is it possible that with the update, compatibility was broken? Yes I have tried formatting my SD Card on both Windows and Ubuntu...

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Did you try using the SD Formatter program?

3. Tux'
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    Yup I formatted it too with that, none of it will work, I just downloaded 1.42 Sakura from Filetrip and none of them booted, is it just my sd card possibly? One time M3 Sakura said one of my files were corrupt and I formatted and then it failed to boot Sakura after that incident.

4. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I think it might just be your SD card.
    I have a Lexar myself and I have never gotten it to work on my M3 Real

5. Tux'
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    Well it worked before, anyways I may as well get a new 4GB SD card or steal my brothers SanDisk and swap it with mine [​IMG] I don't see why but it worked before.

P.S With the SD Formatter, I can't use it on Ubuntu, so I used Partition Editor, I don't really have a Windows computer available to me that can run the exe file, I might try tommorow though.

6. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Alright ^-^
    And i know that, I run Linux Mint on my computer (pretty much the same as Ubuntu)

7. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    There is a bug in the usb mass drivers that affects removable media and mp3 players, it causes them to become corupt after a few uses under ubuntu and some others flavors. Nobody has nailed down a real solution to this issue over at anythingbutipod either.

8. Tux'
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    Canada
    The flat lands.
    So pretty much I should run the Panasonic SD Formatter on a XP pc then try Sakura again and it may work? Because I quite frankly don't care because 4.7c actually has some speed improvements since the last time I used TouchPod [​IMG]