Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
So anybody here think the Great Britain produce some of the best musicians?

I mean the fellows have some of the greatest classics rock acts of all time like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who and The Rolling Stones. Just to name a few.

The dudes also created Heavy Metal, and popularized it with bands like Judas Priest and the NWOBHM.

Other than that, they also produce great Punk music. Sex Pistols or The Clash, anyone?

So anybody here think British men are sexay?
wub.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but we also produced

Gary-Glitter2.jpg

wink.gif

You are correct though, there has been an awful lot of great music to come out of the UK. We have produced loads of shite though as well.
frown.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
When theres good music, there would be bad music. So when there are tons of awesome music, there will be tons of bad music.

All countries have bad music. All genres have ad music.

At least brits don't have this:

Yeah, I mean he is... inspiration or something.... But William Hung can't really be a recording artist...

The U.K. is generally the pioneer of Metal and most of the rock music we hear today though. There wouldn't be Beatles anywhere else in the world.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
If it weren't for Rick Astley, RickRollin' wouldn't have have happened!! We have produced some shite as well, but I think the good far outweighs the bad. As for British men being 'sexay' I can't comment on that. Most of the women look like they've been set on fire and put out with a shovel. The ones that are hot are OK until they open their cakeholes.

Back on topic, Britain has and still is producing some top music crossing all genre's.

White Lies, Bloc Party, Editors, Kasabian, Elbow, Coldplay, Maximo Park, The Prodigy but to name a few newer ones (although The Prodigy have been around for best part of 20 years)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
When theres good music, there would be bad music. So when there are tons of awesome music, there will be tons of bad music.

All countries have bad music. All genres have ad music.

At least brits don't have this:

Yeah, I mean he is... inspiration or something.... But William Hung can't really be a recording artist...

The U.K. is generally the pioneer of Metal and most of the rock music we hear today though. There wouldn't be Beatles anywhere else in the world.
Sir, are you insinuating that William Hung was ever bad?

andytjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think us Brits have generated some great musicians over the years, but the last 5 years British music has been pretty piss poor. The last great band we produced was Arctic Monkeys and their first album came out in 2006!

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
It's so sad that I live in an area where 1/10 only listen to rock music. What about the 9? Well they listen to their so-called genre called "grime" which is basically rapping with tins and cans on the background. Not just that, they call real music "gay"! Nice init?

Oh, some of the British bands that come to mind are Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Queen, Blur, Radiohead and the Dire Straits. Fantastic band! And I agree about the Arctic Monkeys. Good music indeed. Now all I hear is N-Dubz and all those rubbish... >_>

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't forget the whole Dubstep genre which was created in England.

R2DJ said:
Well they listen to their so-called genre called "grime" which is basically rapping with tins and cans on the background. Not just that, they call real music "gay"! Nice init?
"Real music", ey? Look who's the music nazi now...
Who the hell would say anything different if you gave them this shitty attitude?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Don't forget the whole Dubstep genre which was created in England.

R2DJ said:
Well they listen to their so-called genre called "grime" which is basically rapping with tins and cans on the background. Not just that, they call real music "gay"! Nice init?
"Real music", ey? Look who's the music nazi now...
Who the hell would say anything different if you gave them this shitty attitude?
What I'm saying is that those people basically listen to rap music and only rap music. You listen to rock? They will automatically call you an 'emo'/'goth' even if you're not. Also, I know people like them and they can't tell the difference between the guitar and bass.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why has no one mentioned the Kinks, or Madness for that matter? There are also a shitload of Ska and Ska-Punk bands that are brilliant, but never see the light of day because of the sheer ammount of mass produced shit that's played on the radio.

EDIT: Another band I just remembered, that is criminal to forget. Cream anyone? As a matter of fact, what about Eric Clapton?

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Shinryuji said:
Why has no one mentioned the Kinks, or Madness for that matter? There are also a shitload of Ska and Ska-Punk bands that are brilliant, but never see the light of day because of the sheer ammount of mass produced shit that's played on the radio.

EDIT: Another band I just remembered, that is criminal to forget. Cream anyone? As a matter of fact, what about Eric Clapton?

Ah, The Kinks are great, especially love "You Really Got Me", an amazing track that has heavy metal elements well before Sabbath came out, loud riff and heavy drums.

Clapton? Well I don't really like Clapton but he has done some great work.

I think some of the greatest guitarists, after Jimi Hendrix, are from UK. The 3 Yardbirds guitarists, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page. All 3 of them have done great stuff. And I love Page and Led Zeppelin.

Jothri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So anybody here think the Great Britain produce some of the best musicians?
blank.gif
blank.gif
?I don't think, I know, they're the best musicians.

I mean the fellows have some of the greatest classics rock acts of all time like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The Who and The Rolling Stones. Just to name a few.
blank.gif
blank.gif
?And beatles, pink floyd, queen, elo, elp.

The dudes also created Heavy Metal, and popularized it with bands like Judas Priest and the NWOBHM.
Other than that, they also produce great Punk music. Sex Pistols or The Clash, anyone?

blank.gif
blank.gif
?I am more for the psychedelic/progressive rock. I think the hardest I listen to would be Led Zeppelin, beyond that I don't find it enjoybale. Clash is good though.

blank.gif
blank.gif
?I am not gay, so therefore I do not think british men are "sexay."

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jothri said:
Snip ....
blank.gif
blank.gif

But if you were you would obviously choose a British Man because we are the greatest
wub.gif
tongue.gif

I love British Music
tongue.gif
i think mainly because it normally different and original

Jothri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
danny600kill said:
Jothri said:
Snip ....
blank.gif
blank.gif

But if you were you would obviously choose a British Man because we are the greatest
wub.gif
tongue.gif

I love British Music
tongue.gif

Yes the british are the greatest, saying you should be gay for them is weird...

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jothri said:
danny600kill said:
Jothri said:
Snip ....
blank.gif
blank.gif

wub.gif
tongue.gif

I love British Music
tongue.gif

Yes the british are the greatest, saying you should be gay for them is weird...

It even weirder for me seeing as I'm British
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dommy didn't say he would be gay for them. He could already be gay or he could not, who are we to judge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/