Hacking Bricking Question on Softmod

ephumuris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just got a Wii and soft modded it using the TP hack. How would i brick my console? And what can be done to prevent it.

Am i right in understanding that Backuploader 0.3 Gamma blocks updates from all discs. What if an official disc were to have an upgrade and some fool upgraded? Could it brick or would i just have the pain of downgrading?
Sorry for all the questons. Just trying to be careful with my new toy.

Force Unleashed is awesome on the Wii!
ohmy.gif

EDIT: Oh and my Wii is V 3.3 i don't know if that matters.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
simply dont update if prompted...via nintendo or disc

anyway, you can brick your wii in a thousand ways, most common are "banner, semi" these can proceed to a "full brick"

most common ways of bricking, is by installing a invalid improper channel with a improper banner etc, also changing your region to a different region, via any region changer or you accept to install an update from a different region, if you have a chip without brick blocker protection that is...(people semi brick with the likes of any region changer, because they are "stupid" and don't"read" or look at the screen!
to be secure from potential bricks, you have to be "prepared" e.g.
upgrade/downgrade to system menu 3.2, install starfall patches, except the health screen..(starfall blocks all disc updates) just read up search starfall wiibrew, their is tons of info about it on here!
keep the TP hack on your wii!!

NOW YOUR SAFE

ephumuris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm too cheap to get a chip
smile.gif

So i should downgrade to 3.2 and install this Starfall thingy? Oh and i better put that TP hack back on my Wii as i deleted it :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)