Hacking Bricked?

dream_coder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I softmoded my wii yesterday using the guide from #wiihack.. it all was fine running spot on, then today one of the kids managed to uninstall CIOS60BF.wad i caught them just as they did it anyways i reinstalled it straight away but now i get a error when i boot my wii it says system files r corrupted i need helpppp seriously
frown.gif
i thought bout installing following the guide again using the ios downgrader but as my wii isnt set up to access the internet and i cant get into the settings to connect it i am stuck
frown.gif
please help me ps i can get into preloader 0.29

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
You've got to specify a bit more than that... What System Menu Are you running, did you do the Bannerbomb mod, etc etc...

dream_coder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its 4.1e and i used this guide :

-UPDATING TO 4.1-

(A) NECESSITIES:
1. A Wii with an internet connection (wired or wireless).
1. 4.1 Update.rar
2. Clean FAT formatted SD Card.

(B) STEPS:
1. Extract 4.1 Update.rar to the root of your SD Card.
-(If the first two letters of your Wii's serial number are LU: rename 41USAhacks.ini to hacks.ini
if they are LEH: rename 41PALhacks.ini to hacks.ini)
2. Do an officlal Update. (Wii Options, Wii Settings, Wii System Update).
3. Go into Wii Options, Data Management, Channels. It should ask to load boot.elf, do so and install the HomeBrew Channel and BootMii.
-(install BootMii as boot2 if you can, but if not as IOS will work).
4. Launch BootMii*. Click the 4th icon (it looks like gears) and backup your NAND. (Have 528mb free on the SD Card).
5. Go into the HBC, run CMDVDX34. Choose Downgrade IOS35.
-(if it says something about being a pirate, uninstall all your pirat(ed/ing) materials, and run shared2clean from HBC).
-(if it says "failed to add title......", get back into HBC, run WMIOS35, install IOS35-64-v1040.wad, then reboot with the HOME button).
6. Click Exit.
7. Get back into HBC, run WMIOS35, install cios_fix.wad with the + button, then reboot with the HOME button.
-(if you get a -2011 or -1035 error, skip this step and proceed directly to step #8).
8. Make sure the internet connection for your Wii is set up, get back into HBC, run IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1, reboot when it's done.
NOW WE CAN INSTALL WADs
9. Get back into HBC, run WadManager, install CIOS60BF.wad with the + button, then reboot with the HOME button.
10. Get back into HBC, run Preloader. Press 1 to install, now you should be at the Preloader menu**. Set it up as follows:
-Go into Settings, change:
AutoBoot: System Menu
Stop Disc: On
Ignore Standby Mode: On
-then click Save Settings and press B.
-Then go into SystemMenu Hacks, enable AT LEAST these hacks:
"Skip disc update check"
"Remove diag disc check"
"Remove NoCopy Protection"
-The RegionFree hacks are optional and up to you.
-then click Save Settings and press B. Then click System Menu.
11. Get back into HBC, run cmios Installer. Press any button to reboot when finished.
***12. Get back into HBC, run cIOSCORP v3.3 Installer. Press any button to reboot when finished.
13. Get back into HBC, run DVDX Fix Installer (if you want DVDX installed). Press any button to reboot with finished.

*-If you installed as boot2, reboot the Wii and BootMii should boot. If installed as IOS, go into HBC, press Home and click Launch BootMii If installed as boot2, use an NGC controller or the Power/Reset/Eject buttons on the Wii to get through the options, if IOS then NGC Pad only.

**-If it didn't take you to the Preloader menu automatically, turn the Wii off then back on and immediately hold reset.

***-For more info on the cIOSCORP v3.3 and cmios installer, read cIOSCORP readme.txt in root!!!

LINKS:
1. 4.1 Update.rar - http://www.tinyurl.com/41update
2. This Guide - http://www.tinyurl.com/41update
3. BootMii/HackMii Installer Beta2 - http://bootmii.org/download/
4. BannerBomb - http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/
5. cIOSCORP v3.3 - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173466&st=0

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, you did a classic no-no.

you uninstalled IOS60, which uninstalled preloader.
your only hope is bootmii.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea unless you get a modchip and play brawl to ues the smashstack exploit, then run wad manager to install install IOS60.
i got a drivekey for sale for $35.
let me know via pm.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
because you have to boot into wad manager once again after you wii has rebooted
you uninstalled then installed on the same run.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
dream_coder said:
yeah thats true also .. so its knackered then? i can get into preloader and hbc

Yo cant u read his post he can get into preloader and hbc how is he screwed? could he just not reinstall the IOS 60 wad then install the system menu wad or vice versa.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Izzy said:
If he can, probably yes.
After that, try to keep your kids away from IOS60, or the whole Wii.
cool.gif
im almost positive his "kids" didnt to this.
yea if he can boot into preloader then he's good, i didnt know if he could.
all he might need to do is change the IOS the system menu boots to to 30, then back to 60.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just re-install preloader.29 same thing happens when you install preloader.29 and then install the trucha patched IOS60 thought people would know that??

dream_coder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly if i did do this and if it wasnt ios60 that was uninstalled then dont u think i wud kno what i uninstalled? and why on earth wud i risk bricking my own wii when it was working spot on? (doesnt make sense)

If anyone could give me a step by step guide please i would be really grateful
smile.gif

And kids wont be using wii after this too stressful
frown.gif

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The IOS60 you installed doesn't have ES_DIVerifiy.
Preloader needs ES_DIVerifiy in IOS60 and applies a patch when you install it.

Just hold the Reset Button to get into the preloader menu, boot into Homebrew Channel, and reinstall Preloader so it can apply the patch again.

Good thing you reinstalled IOS60 right after, otherwise, you'd have a full brick.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
longtom1 said:
just re-install preloader.29 same thing happens when you install preloader.29 and then install the trucha patched IOS60 thought people would know that??

that's what I said on the other page

+1

Yep just download a copy of preloader 0.29 from wiibrew and place in your apps folder (if its no longer there), boot into preloader (hold reset on startup), select load HBC, then select preloader and reinstall it (press 1 when the warning message comes up), then reboot.

Didn't mean to suggest this a 3rd time, but since it was suggested twice and he hadn't acted on it, I figured I would spell it out step by step.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and if your kids are messing with it then it would be a good idea to remove from the sd card all the apps that can effect the system integrity. I leave everything i install on my own wii on the card but when i softmod for others (done lots) i always remove stuff like cios, preloader, tbr, wadmanager etc from the sd card so that the people that own the wii can't go in and kill it whilst being curious heh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8