Hacking Bricked Wii Help

tudz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...my wii is bricked...i've said it...i've seen some tutorials on youtube and it looks like i need bootmii...well...i have a problem...i formated my sd card YESTERDAY after installing it on my wii. what i need is a bootmii file for my wii to make it work and a little help to unbrick my wii...pleaaaaase
PS i'm on PAL and i've modded my wii a loong time ago
EDIT: forgot to mention...i bricked my wii by uninstalling systemmenu in wad manager
biggrin.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do you even have bootmii installed on your Wii? Your post is a bit vague...
Even if you do and you deleted the NAND backup of your Wii from your SD card, you are pretty much screwed without it.

dashneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install it as a boot2? if you installed it as an IOS then you won't be able to use it (I found that out the hard way
hate2.gif
) but here's the link, in case you don't know you have to extract the files to a folder named "bootmii" on the root of your memory stick. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=68AMXG4C

*EDIT* if you still have the wad that you uninstalled DO NOT GET RID OF IT. if you ever get wad manager running you can install that wad again. also if you have not had your wii sent in yet then you could send it in, I did that when I installed the wrong menu wad on my wii and they replaced it for FREE, I lol'd

tudz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Do you even have bootmii installed on your Wii? Your post is a bit vague...
Even if you do and you deleted the NAND backup of your Wii from your SD card, you are pretty much screwed without it.
no, i didn't install it in my wii...only on the sd card

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
go find a new mom

Well, if you still have bootmii installed as boot2 someone can give you the bootmii files and a working dump (not here though as its not allowed), but you will need the keys.bin of your Wii before it will work.

You can get that file by dumping the nand of your bricked wii (after you got someone else's files)

edit: so no bootmii? I think you're screwed then
edit2: all you need is to find a way to boot HBC

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
you cant share nand backups... it wont work...

"installed on SD card" what the hell does that mean?

also, if you have bootmii as boot2, you _CAN_ unbrick... start bootmii then run HBC from within bootmii... then reinstalling the sysmenu from a wad manager

tudz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
edit2: all you need is to find a way to boot HBC
yes i know...
QUOTE(dashneo @ Dec 20 2009, 04:57 PM) *EDIT* if you still have the wad that you uninstalled DO NOT GET RID OF IT. if you ever get wad manager running you can install that wad again. also if you have not had your wii sent in yet then you could send it in, I did that when I installed the wrong menu wad on my wii and they replaced it for FREE, I lol'd
I can't send it...the warranty expired a looong time ago...

dashneo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I don't think the gamecube controller trick (savemiifrii) works when your system menu is missing files, I tried it and it didn't work for me. but you could try it anyways if you wanted.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GC controller method does not work with a missing system menu.

Did bootmii run when the wii started (until you formatted the SD)? If so, you have it as boot2. If it didn't, your wii is fully bricked and your mom needs to call nintendo.

Reinstalling a missing system menu won't unbrick a wii. settings.txt needs to be replaced as well. If bootmii was installed as boot2, both of those are doable from the HBC.

tudz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
GC controller method does not work with a missing system menu.

Did bootmii run when the wii started (until you formatted the SD)? If so, you have it as boot2. If it didn't, your wii is fully bricked and your mom needs to call nintendo.

Reinstalling a missing system menu won't unbrick a wii. settings.txt needs to be replaced as well. If bootmii was installed as boot2, both of those are doable from the HBC.

nope...it didn't
jazvdb said:
Yeah ur screwed...

Putting files on the SD card doesnt make it install...

thanks...i know
DeadlyFoez said:
How old is your wii? When did you buy it?

If it was purchased around or before october of 2008 then bootmii can be installed to boot2 using an infectus. Then you can fix anything.

I bought it at the end of 2006
QUOTE(mariobros1 @ Dec 20 2009, 08:41 PM)
Did you have bootmii as boot 2? priiloader/preloader?.
If not you're screwed...
again...thanks...i know

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two options:

1) get shanked by your mom

2) buy a new wii and swap the case so the sticker shows the new serial on the bricked wii and return it. you'll get the new dvd drive that won't read backups and you'll goto hell, but at least it buys you 60 years or so to try and repent

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
buy a new wii and swap the case so the sticker shows the new serial on the bricked wii and return it. you'll get the new dvd drive that won't read backups and you'll goto hell, but at least it buys you 60 years or so to try and repent
If you're going to swap the case, might as well swap the drives too. Put the old drive on the new motherboard, and send the new drive back with the bricked motherboard.

Only thing he won't be able to do is install bootmii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol