Bricked AK2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Forever Forbidde, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Forever Forbidde
    OP

Forever Forbidde Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Okay, so I've been dicking about with my AK2i recently. In short, i wanted to play Pokémon White, so i updated to 1.8.6a, i got an error saying my card was a clone, which it isn't, and so i went back to 1.8.5. I still got such error on that, so i went back the the last firmware i had before i updated; 1.8.1.

I got my thing working on 1.8.1, but i turned off my console after a while, because i wanted to hunt down a way to play B/W on 1.8.1. When i turned it back on, things were really odd. I'm using a DS Lite, and it shows the thing for when a game is in, but it has no name, and no icon. I can clock it, and it does its floaty thing and goes into the "game" (Which you just lost), but i end up on a white screen. I've tried 4 different SD cards now, and even without, it still does this. It's not a contact issue, I've shoved all manner of things down there to make sure, including a piece of card i made just for the job.

I should note i didn't format it when i downgraded. Have i done fucked up and lost my acekard, or is there something i can do? All I've wanted to do for like a week now is play Pokémon White.

Thanks doods
    ~Forever.

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Your card is a clone.

1.8.1 was allowed to work on the R4i Ultra (an "OEM" Acekard supposedly), so I'm guessing it's a clone of that or is a 'real' R4i Ultra with an AK2i sticker.

By the way it shows the game cart without a name/icon, it sounds like it's bricked. You should be able to recover it using another card (ANY card that runs will work) by using the DSl (not DSi) updater from here:
    http://www.r4ultra.com/download/R4iULTRA%201.41%20update.rar

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice