Bricked(?) after NAND backup restore.

logan7eleven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, Hoping someone can help me out here. Just got a used unpatched switch. I was trying to restore the NAND from my previous switch from the back up files I pulled when modding it. Followed rentry/switch hacking is easy guide. After I finished and tried to boot into sysNAND, i saw the hekate logo, then the nintendo logo like it was going to boot normally, then its just been a black screen since. It seems to be unresponsive to any power button combos. Not able to push a payload or anything.
AutoRCM was enabled. The backup was from sometime this summer, and the new console had been updated. So, is my problem that I tried to boot into Horizon 14.xxx after the console had been updated to 15.0.1, burning fuses? I kinda grasp what that means but not fully. And what's the way to fix it?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how exactly did you restore a nand from a different switch? EVERY switch has its OWN KEYS. You can’t just flash a raw nand image to a different switch and expect it to boot.

Hold the power button for >12 seconds to ensure it's actually off, then I'm sure you can enter RCM (manually... if you copied over boot0/1 over like you should have, you no longer have autoRCM) and inject hekate. but that isn't going to allow you to just boot a different switch's emmc or even emuemmc.

I certainly hope you made a backup of this new switch before trying such a thing...

Edit: with the keys to BOTH switches, you can probably decrypt this nand, then reencrypt it with the other keys. Haven't looked at this myself, but there are threads such as https://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-rebuilding-for-no-backup-broken-emmc.593995/ right here that touch on the subject. Although this guide will only get you working on CFW, not OFW.

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters