brickblocker question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gazbag, Nov 26, 2008.

Nov 26, 2008

brickblocker question by gazbag at 8:35 AM (946 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gazbag
    OP

Newcomer gazbag Member

United Kingdom
    how do i know if a game has already been patched with brickblocker? or is it ok to apply the patch more than once?
    many thanks
    gary

2. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Yeah, you can apply the patch more than once, all brickblocker does is replacing the update partition of the iso with an empty one.

3. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    I had 2 games that worked on a normal burn , but when i bricked blocked them they stopped working - the 'originals' came from thailand so i think they were already brickblocked , so im not sure about doing it twice - my wii came up with a system error.

4. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    My theory: They probably stripped the update partition totally and so it overwrote part of the actual game.

Also a better alternative IMO is to install StarFall. Then you need not worry about if N will check update partitions (in future firmwares) to see if they have been wiped and refuse to boot. Hey it could happen... Would suck to need all those games *again*.

5. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    You can do it countless times... Though it doesn't matter since it merely replaces the update partition with a specific one...

To see if a game contains and update partition you can use trucha signer / wii scrubber / wufe or wii update manager (suggested) tools

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i agree StarFall is a great solution can stop the wii from checking disk for all updates and make your wii region free for both GC and Wii games.
    not to mention with it you can fix your wii if you banner brick by auto booting twilight princess with twilight hack.