dry.gif

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
The music is good, and I could help with a little voice mastering. I master the sound for my church.

(At times, it sounds like you are whispering, which is not good for the voice, as if you are singing with your full power, you can hit notes much more accurately, and it sounds more powerful and defined. Just a little note, if you were thinking of redoing any part of the song)

It's a good song, don't get me wrong, and you have a really great voice, but projecting more would give it that added OOMPH. Make sure though, that while you do that, you put your mouth a little further back from the mic and use Amplify + Noise Removal to make sure you get the best sound. Just a little tip of advice from a (*cough*shameless plug*cough*) musician. Then again, I make tons of other stuff, so I probably don't count.
nyanya.gif

Also, I could help getting your song on iTunes. Hell, if you really wanted, you could do it yourself, like I did. Just make sure you add that bit of soul into your song before you do anything drastic
wink.gif

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
epicCreations.org said:
(At times, it sounds like you are whispering, which is not good for the voice, as if you are singing with your full power, you can hit notes much more accurately, and it sounds more powerful and defined. Just a little note, if you were thinking of redoing any part of the song)
Personally, I think all these imperfections do the charm of the song. Really, Tiny, you have a cute voice. The first time I heard the song, I found it funny, but then, I started loving it. Now, I can't stop listening to it.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Certain imperfections can add to the personality of a song, yes, but voice not being used to the full potential is IMO not one that can. I mean, retro-styled songs with a bit of KBPS downgrading can add to charm, as well as using official samples in a parody, but if a voice has potential to add more, then it certainly should.

Tiny, aim big, think large, and just do it. That's my advice, and it seems to work for everyone I tell it to (except for me, because I can't do any of those without getting distracted
nyanya.gif
)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BoxShot said:
Or at least gbatemp.
tongue.gif
Still stuck in my head.
But she's even hit Joystiq, albeit, mistaken as a boy. Reminds me of when Tina Sanchez plays online and people yell "Shut up 12 year old boy".

I've sang/hummed/lip-sang this song all day. Goddammit.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DeMoN said:
I was listening to this but then I realized what song it was parodying so I ran for my life.
No offense TinyMonkey.

(They played the original song at my university dining hall, and I got it stuck in my head the whole night and a few days later. This actually broke the record previously held by Poker Face)

i feel your pain over poker face, i had that playing to me daily for 3 months(could be less, could be more, but with that song, time just feels so distorted)

well, on the bright side, i am now free to play this song whenever and whereever i want to
biggrin.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
wait, tiny is a he? i thought for sure, that tiny is a she..

QUOTE said:
you'll see Youtube user tinymonkeyt demonstrating his patched copy of On Tour -- instead of ... *rest of article*

if that's true, this brings troubling images to my mind when i think of the current tiny & AW/soul/costello 's love rectangle relationship..

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mrfatso said:
wait, tiny is a he? i thought for sure, that tiny is a she..

QUOTE said:
you'll see Youtube user tinymonkeyt demonstrating his patched copy of On Tour -- instead of ... *rest of article*

if that's true, this brings troubling images to my mind when i think of the current tiny & AW/soul/costello 's love rectangle relationship..
Nah, Tiny's a girl. In the past, what, 1-2 years I've known (of) her, it's safe to say so. lol

QUOTE(mercluke @ Mar 29 2010, 09:31 PM)
i thought you mean the song got on joystiq ;-;
If only, if only.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@epicCreations.org: While I do appreciate your efforts to help me improve, I don't think I really have that potential haha. (Also not even using a mic. I recorded on my camera and ripped the sound) And I'm certainly not trying to become famous/put my song on iTunes >.<

Lol, I remember that Joystiq article :X I was so pained to see them call me a "he"...rest assured mrfatso, I am a girl..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc