Hacking Brawl Screenshots to SD Card?

lroy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to view the screenshots we take on brawl via pausing the game and pressing A on a PC? Currently i Can save the pics to an SD card but i can't see the files on my PC.

Corneliuscack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um, they're written as .bin files, and there's no way to view/convert them...yet
biggrin.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Then I'm wondering how people managed to get really HQ pics that clearly weren't taken by a camera aiming at the TV.
Could be somekind of video recorder thing. Can't remember what they're called. Maybe video capture cards? Anyway then just take screencap with pc from video which you recorded etc. That could be it.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
Then I'm wondering how people managed to get really HQ pics that clearly weren't taken by a camera aiming at the TV.

Could be somekind of video recorder thing. Can't remember what they're called. Maybe video capture cards? Anyway then just take screencap with pc from video which you recorded etc. That could be it.

they could of used a usb gecko as you can pause the game when you like and take a picture what saves to your computer

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a DVD recorder by just recording the game on dvd, inserting that disc into a PC, ripped the .vob, opened vlc player with the vob and took the screenshot, I did it for the videos really but it can be used for screengrabs.

lroy12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I do see that USB Gecko can take screenshots.. thats pretty nifty.. but for $50, I wonder how the quality of screenshots it takes.
Can it take screenshots in Wii mode too.. or just GC mode?

Roflcopter_Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way ign and other sites get full quality screens is with a capture device, they have a Wii hooked up via Component cables to it and they can record footage and take screenshots from that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn