brawl or melee?

Luigipenguin

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright im a melee fan and im wondering if you like brawl or melee?

MELEE

Pros:
Awesome Multiplayer
Great characters
Air shield(you freeze then fall)
Dr mario clones ETC
single target test
race to finish
Crazy hand was born
Adventure mode
Master hand glitch

CONS:
no online players
no subspace like thing
ULTRA HARD COMPUTER!!(i mean like donkey kong)

BRAWL:
PROS:
More characters
eh... to lazy to add more. Just tell me what you like

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither. I'm simply not a fighting game fan, Smash Bros being no exception. I tried to like it, but it's all the same button mashing mess (anyone who complains about me using the term button mashing clearly needs to get out more ;)). Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. It's all luck.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither. I'm simply not a fighting game fan, Smash Bros being no exception. I tried to like it, but it's all the same button mashing mess (anyone who complains about me using the term button mashing clearly needs to get out more ;)). Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. It's all luck.
Except it's not, SSB is very simple, so button-mashing would actually make you more likely to lose because of the simplicity. And if you don't like it, why'd you post here?

Reactions: 2 people

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
brawl for characters, melee for controls.

god, i have no idea how they could fuck up the controls like that, when they had them perfect in melee

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And I answered.
No you didn't. He asked why you posted, and your response was pretty much 'wai not?'.

god, i have no idea how they could fuck up the controls like that, when they had them perfect in melee
You do realize you can customize your controls, and that you can use almost any controller you like? If you wanted to, just plug in a GC controller and change the control scheme if it was that different to Melee.

On-topic: Haven't played much of Melee, so I'm not really used to how it handles. So I prefer Brawl.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I answered.
No you didn't. He asked why you posted, and your response was pretty much 'wai not?'.

So? Without criticism, nothing can improve. Effectively, you guys are setting up a "club" with a sign out front that says "haters not allowed!!" And yet, I'm not a hater! I'm not sitting here, raging about people liking it because I didn't. I have not ONCE condemned someone for enjoying Smash Bros. I have given a reason why I didn't like them, and yet I'm told to *bleep* off. Great conversation we're having here. Who's the hater here?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And I answered.

You do realize you can customize your controls, and that you can use almost any controller you like? If you wanted to, just plug in a GC controller and change the control scheme if it was that different to Melee.

On-topic: Haven't played much of Melee, so I'm not really used to how it handles. So I prefer Brawl.

thats not what i meant, theres a clear difference if you play melee and brawl with gc controller

in brawl, characters movement is is not as exactly executed as it was in melee. its kinda sluggish, to put it into a word. jumps arent as precise and running is different too

also @benrk:
the question was really simply, what do you prefer, brawl or melee and why?
you not being able to actually answer that question kinda does make your opinion uninteresting in this special thread.
obviously you can have your opinion and you can voice it, but in this topic with this question, it has no value as it does not answer the question asked.
your argument that, without criticism, nothing can improve, is invalid, as there is nothing to improve here, though i do know what you mean.

noone is setting up a club where you arent allowed in, hater or not hater, but the topic just does not want your opinion

thats like when someone asks a clear yes / no question and people answer with "maybe". great, you can say maybe, but its not answering the question.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I answered.

thats not what i meant, theres a clear difference if you play melee and brawl with gc controller

in brawl, characters movement is is not as exactly executed as it was in melee. its kinda sluggish, to put it into a word. jumps arent as precise and running is different too
The thing is that it's more realistic. Rather than jumping immediately like they did in Melee, they go through the motions, and thus the player has to wait for the animations before the character actually jumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse