ROM Hack Braindump hangs on a red screen

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD, EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG BECAUSE I DON'T WANT STUPID ANSWERS LIKE "UPDATE YOUR BRAINDUMP"
I have a New 3DS on the newest firmware with A9LH and Luma3DS. I want to dump Super Mario World game downloaded from freeShop with Braindump, but when I launch it it just shows me red color on the bottom screen. I've tried different entry points (Homebrew .cia app and menuhax) and different versions (the new one which dumps to .cxi and the old one which dumps directly to directory). I have the newest *hax installed (I've downloaded the starter pack from the official homebrew website and copied all of it's contents to my SD card (except for the boot.3dsx because I've got Masher's Grid Launcher).
When I dumped OOT3D it dumped successfuly but it can't dump Super Mario World. I'll try to dump other SNES VC games, but I think that if this game doesn't work, then others won't work either.
Maybe it's just a problem with compatibility. But if that's the case, then can you recommend me other software to dump digital games?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD, EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG BECAUSE I DON'T WANT STUPID ANSWERS LIKE "UPDATE YOUR BRAINDUMP"
I have a New 3DS on the newest firmware with A9LH and Luma3DS. I want to dump Super Mario World game downloaded from freeShop with Braindump, but when I launch it it just shows me red color on the bottom screen. I've tried different entry points (Homebrew .cia app and menuhax) and different versions (the new one which dumps to .cxi and the old one which dumps directly to directory). I have the newest *hax installed (I've downloaded the starter pack from the official homebrew website and copied all of it's contents to my SD card (except for the boot.3dsx because I've got Masher's Grid Launcher).
When I dumped OOT3D it dumped successfuly but it can't dump Super Mario World. I'll try to dump other SNES VC games, but I think that if this game doesn't work, then others won't work either.
Maybe it's just a problem with compatibility. But if that's the case, then can you recommend me other software to dump digital games?
Yeah, braindump doesn't work with recent games...
You can just download the cia from Nintendo servers (with ciangel, don't install the cia) , decrypt it with decrypt9, and extract the content on the PC thanks to the Asia81 tool kit.

Reactions: szymon170

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, braindump doesn't work with recent games...
You can just download the cia from Nintendo servers (with ciangel, don't install the cia) , decrypt it with decrypt9, and extract the content on the PC thanks to the Asia81 tool kit.
Ok, thanks, that was fast.

@Omegadrien I've got one last question - how can I download .cia, but not install it? I've got only the install option.

EDIT:
I've just changed the mode and now my .cia file is being created.

Last edited by szymon170,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1