Bought an x3max... now what?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VoltManEXE, Jan 2, 2011.

1. VoltManEXE
    OP

VoltManEXE Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    United States
    I've searched for plenty of video tutorials and such, and I can't find all that much... it seems the x3max isn't very widely used... First of all, the x3max only seems to support .hex payloads. The only payloads I can find are in .bin format (like PSFreedom, which I really wanted to use). All I want to do as of now is to find out how to downgrade from 3.41 to 3.15 (yes, i have a phat). I also need to know how to convert .bin payloads to .hex format so I can flash it to my x3. I know absolutely nothing when it comes to the PS3 scene... so if anyone could offer additional help or advice (like... do I need a .self or something with this?), that would be great.

2. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    You have to use the software on their website. It does uses .bin files...

3. VoltManEXE
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    United States
    I did. It uses .bin for firmwares and .hex's for payloads. I don't think using a payload in place of a firmware is going to work... I REALLY don't want to break this thing.

4. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
  5. VoltManEXE
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    United States
    I did. I loaded the x3max_Generic.bin on as the firmware. Basically, I'm at a standstill as to:
    What payload I need to downgrade,
    and what payload I need to jailbreak.
    Also, is a jailbreak REALLY a jailbreak with custom firmware? Or do they just call it a jailbreak if you're loading stuff off this memory stick?