Hacking Botw Nand or disc?

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious I'm playing with the disc. would it be better to play the game via nand or disc. Which would load faster as in textures and areas (shrines) stuff like that.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Storage usually beats disc. From my experience everything loads faster when on some kind of storage whether it be the NAND or some HDD. However if you want to actually own the game instead of having a license buying the disc wouldn't be a bad choice.

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the disc went to the midnight. I'll probably back it up but the 10gb is killer I don't have a USB HDD yet. I'll try and see wasn't sure if the disc load plus the HD texture from nand is faster than it all being on nand.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i brought the disk ver but i still use the digital ver for ease of use, i dont really like physical media only because im lazy to switch out, scratch/break or lose disk/carts

also the blu ray drive on the wii u is really fast actually.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 10GB of data, tens of thousands of files, and many hours of gameplay, think about the impact this game will have on your drive's laser. I avoid using optical drives whenever there's an alternative.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 10GB of data, tens of thousands of files, and many hours of gameplay, think about the impact this game will have on your drive's laser. I avoid using optical drives whenever there's an alternative.
I'm almost positive your drives will survive.. especially when I have friends who play gta5 from their boot drive, it's far worse for them than a small game like this.

If it does die, either the drive was faulty or you did something wrong as I'm using an old HDD from a pc build back in 2006, had it for my Wii for a few years and Wii-u for dlc and stuff as an external drive, I forget to turn it off most of the time and it still works amazing, it's only a 7200 rpm

The load times are 10x faster with my hdd though than my disc as well, only had 2 issues with freezing within 24 hours of playing, and little to no lag, sure there are some fps drops but I'm sure many of us are fine with that having grown up with games from the snes and n64 pushing the hardware limitations xD

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does die, either the drive was faulty or you did something wrong as I'm using an old HDD from a pc build back in 2006, had it for my Wii for a few years and Wii-u for dlc and stuff as an external drive, I forget to turn it off most of the time and it still works amazing, it's only a 7200 rpm
Ok, but you can't apply that experience to predict longevity of an optical drive or NAND. Neither the OP nor I mentioned HDD. (did you quote me by accident?)

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but you can't apply that experience to predict longevity of an optical drive or NAND. Neither the OP nor I mentioned HDD. (did you quote me by accident?)
Oh rip I'm half asleep, anywho I also install games to nand such as xenoblades, played for hours with no issue, so he SHOULD be fine, though I'd assume if he wanrs his wii to last longer to use disc or get an hdd xmx
When playing xenoblades it overheats like crazy

Reactions: nexusmtz

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I get paid I'll probably get a HDD for the wiiu sucks you can't partition drives for it or I would use the one I have for ps3(hacked). I did try a USB thumb drive when the EU leaked but it was horrible the textures wouldn't load fast enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse