Bootmii quit working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Andon48, Jul 25, 2010.

Jul 25, 2010

Bootmii quit working by Andon48 at 5:28 PM (1,561 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Andon48
    OP

Newcomer Andon48 Newbie

United States
    I have an LU64 wii on SM 4.0U. I used Softmii 3.0 about a year ago or more to mod it. I used to know all of the hacking lingo, but I haven't really messed with any of it since then so bear with me. First of all, I can't update my HBC, I have tried every way I can think of to do it. I have tried doing it online, I have tried using bannerbomb, and I have tried running it through HBC. I have tried using boot.dol and boot.elf also. It always says this installation can NOT continue. No known vulnerable IOS found. (HBC says it is on 61) I have tried it with CIOS 38 rev.12,14,and19.

I can't update my preloader either. I am on .29 and it says there is an update to .30 but when I hit update it doesn't do anything. I haven't tried another method yet because of my third problem.

This is my main problem. I want to play Sports Resort, so I decided I was going to try Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. I tried to launch Bootmii to make a backup and I get a black screen with 1 and a half lines of scrolling text. it goes so fast I can't read it. That lasts for about 10 seconds, then it turns into a large block of scrolling text, and then boots into my wad manager, which is the first app in my HBC list. I know I have backed it up since I hacked it, but the hard drive I had it on died so I lost it. I can't remember doing anything to my wii since then except updating my CIOS 38 version. I really want to play sports resort, but I'm scared to do anything to it without my bootmii working. By the way my bootmii uses boot 1 (I think it's 1, the less desireable one.) Will I still be able to restore it if I get my Bootmii fixed, try to update it, and I brick it?

Also, I use Neogamma, not a usb loader.

2. Kryptical

Member Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You have Cboot2 on your SD card. Run hackmii installer, then select Bootmii, then Prepare SD Card. That will replace cboot2 with the normal bootmii files.

4. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The preloader update from 0.29 to 0.30 never worked for me either! Preloader has now been replaced by priiloader. Download version 0.5 HERE

5. Andon48
    OP

Newcomer Andon48 Newbie

United States
    That will enable motion plus support on 4.0U?

6. Andon48
    OP

Newcomer Andon48 Newbie

United States
    I wish I could. When I try to launch the installer It tells me the installer can not continue, No known vulnerable IOS found.

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Install an official (unpatched) IOS34. Then run Hackmii Installer again.

Alternatively, download the new Hackmii Installer 0.7, which can use IOS61 for installation.

8. Kryptical

Canada
    Yes it will, after you are done watching the video go into NeoGamma again and switch the .dol back to the original .dol and then play the game.

9. Andon48
    OP

Newcomer Andon48 Newbie

United States
    Awesome! It worked, thank you. Now I need to work on getting Bootmii to work.

10. Kryptical

Canada
    What's wrong with your BootMii?

11. Andon48
    OP

Newcomer Andon48 Newbie

United States
    I try to launch Bootmii to make a backup and I get a black screen with 1 and a half lines of scrolling text. it goes so fast I can't read it. That lasts for about 10 seconds, then it turns into a large block of scrolling text, and then boots into my wad manager. I have tried to reinstall it but the installer quits when I try to run it.

12. Kryptical

Canada