bootmii question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whoizdib, Jul 16, 2009.

Jul 16, 2009

bootmii question by whoizdib at 4:09 AM (822 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. whoizdib
    OP

Newcomer whoizdib Member

United States
    Hey,

Is bootmii a one time installation? I was wondering they release a new version, is it neccessary to update. Since I don't want to risk bricking my wii just to install a new bootmii. If a new version comes out, do I have to write to the boot2 again or just upgrade whats on the SD card?

Thanks.

2. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    you have to reinstall dude, but dont worry abouts it, i dont think Twiizers would release bad code tbh.

3. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not that you couldn't have found this out with 15 seconds of research but...

1 time install.
    If they release a new version you have the option of upgrading.

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Just think of it as an extension to the HBC. If you feel fine upgrading to new releases of the HBC you should feel the same way in upgrading to new releases of bootmii.

5. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I have a second question:

I have installed Bootmii boot2
    I did a NAND backup, tested it, it works.
    I don't want Bootmii as a loader on my Wii
    So I removed the folder named "bootmii" from my SD cart and backed it up to my PC.
    Now the Wii simply goes straight to the Channel menu as a default.
    This is a fine solution isn't it? Because Bootmii is installed, I have my backed up the NAND and the Bootmii folder.
    Whenever my Wii would get bricked I simply put back the bootmii folder on my SD cart and I can restore my NAND that way.

I think having to skip the Bootmii screen every time I power on my Wii is quite annoying, mostly because I never use anything else than my USBloader-channel.

It would probably be even more easy to rename the bootmii folder to bootmii2 or something.

I'm curious if more people have done this.

6. $uPeRJjS&#0

Member $uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Is it on HBC? Just remove the IOS or if it is cBoot2 run the hackmii installer again and delete bootmii then install again...

EDIT: the reason why it is not working because it needs the folder to tell bootmii to run without it it won't work even as IOS i believe... to retrieve that folder just go to hackmii installer and press that button(i forgot sorry) i think its manage SD or something... dont re-install bootmii just find that button that makes the folders again

7. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    You can edit the boot delay time for Bootmii, with Bootmii Config Editor. Simply choose time delay to 0 seconds and you will boot to your Health screen or Systemmenu depending on your configuration. The bootmii files can stay on your SD, but it is wise to keep the files on SD and PC in case one or the other go down.

8. whoizdib
    OP

Newcomer whoizdib Member

United States
    Will new versions of bootmii change the way the NAND is backed up? What exactly would a new version of bootmii add?

I really don't want to keep upgrading bootmii if it's not needed. I'm afriad of the eletricity going off, even though bootmii seems to take only 5 seconds.

Thanks.