BootMii not installing

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by shyguyking, Apr 27, 2016.

1. shyguyking
    OP

shyguyking Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2016
    United States
    I have a Wii that was refurbished by GameStop. I tried installing BootMii using letterbomb; I inputted the mac address and put the correct version (4.3U). When I tried installing it, it said that there was something wrong. I then tried installing the hackless version of project m (as that is why I'm trying to install homebrew) but even that didn't work. Am I doing anything wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    If you can at least access the homebrew menu, rum PimpMyWii (latest version) and do the full automated installation. After that, try installing bootmii again. What's the first 4 letters of the serial btw? I think any Wii with a serial beginning with: LU64 and up is troublesome.

I refurbish Wii systems and softmod them to resell, so I only stick to LU63 and below. No issues.

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    LU64 hasn't been a problem for the better part of a decade, and PimpMyWii is usually recommended against because of an abnormally high rate of bricking...

If hackless PM isn't working either, it's probably your SD card that's the issue. Is it formatted to FAT16? (It just appears as FAT in Windows iirc)

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    People that brick using PimpMyWii are doing something wrong, or have an unstable internet connection. It has checks in place, and I have never bricked a single Wii out of the 50+ I have modded using it. Nobody else has a wii-side "modmii" alternative either.

5. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Make sure your SD Card is formatted as FAT32, not NTFS, or exFAT. If it still occurs, then try another SD Card. If it STILL doesn't work, then maybe GameStop did something to the Hardware....Maybe the Firmware or NAND.