Booting card2 retails on rxTools? Saves?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YamiZee, Aug 24, 2015.

1. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    On gateway it wasn't possible to boot retail carts, but i recently tried rxTools and noticed that it was possible there. I tried booting a card1 cart and it worked just fine. However I am hesitant to try a card2 due to how the encryption works. My saves could possibly be erased, so instead here I am asking you guys if it's safe to boot it. Does the encryption carry over? Will my card2 saves be safe if I boot them from rxTools emunand? (sysnand is 9.2 if it matters)

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Should be fine (probably). Use savedatafiler to make a backup before running each game, just to be safe.

3. YamiZee
    OP

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    Not too sure on how to do that, but if the encryption is wrong would it even work?
    Also if others could confirm it as well

4. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    What do you mean you aren't able to boot retail cards? Yes you can, through gateway classic mode

5. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Pokemon will warn you that the game is corrupted and won't let you play it. Many games don't warn you, they simply delete your save game.

As suggested export your save with SaveDataFiler, this will decrypt the save. You can then import the save again encrypting using the new encryption.