Boot custom firmware black screen help

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by JPCtheGamer, Apr 13, 2019.

1. JPCtheGamer
    OP

JPCtheGamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United States
    Just wondering if anyone could help. I am on 7.0.1 firmware and using the sx pro dongle, jig and license. I formatted the microsd card with exfat and installed boot.dat and sxdumper.nro but when I go to boot custom firmware, it just goes to a black screen. I tried both 2.5.3 and the 2.6.1 beta os that are listed but no difference. I've seen other threads with similar problems but I'm lost on where to go from here. Thank's a lot

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Do you have exfat update?

3. JPCtheGamer
    OP

JPCtheGamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United States
    The switch showed a message at first that said a system update was required to use a microsdxc card so I did that update. Thank's

4. tehtarikmamak

tehtarikmamak Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    did you ever get to the bottom of this bud? I am having the exact same issues you are having. Same firmware versions. Tried same custom firmware versions. A bit stuck at what to do...

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Try 2.62 Beta, the issue was addressed in that update.

6. tehtarikmamak

tehtarikmamak Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    i just did. Still doesn't work. What happens now is when i go to start custom FW, the nintendo logo flashes then i get a black screen and it doesnt move past that. :(

7. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You on emunand?

8. tehtarikmamak

tehtarikmamak Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    Sorry, a bit of a newbie here. Do you mean if i went through and created an EmuNAND? if so then yes, i did. i am following the exact instructions from the sxpro website

9. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    THat update updated you to 8.0

10. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I believe the issue is the hidden partition here, you have to go with the file on SD route, I'm not exactly sure why the hidden one doesn't work, check your SD card on your computer if you see an unallocated space then it is hidden partition.

11. tehtarikmamak

tehtarikmamak Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    Not me, im definitely still on 7.0.1. I have been on 701 for a while now. Only bought the sxpro yesterday and been trying to figure it out all yesterday and today evening. I have my autoupdate turned off and am on airplane mode too.

12. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    He didn't quote your post.

tehtarikmamak likes this.
  13. tehtarikmamak

tehtarikmamak Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Australia
    I was having no luck with the hidden partition yesterday so tried the SD route just before to no success as well before posting here.

14. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you tried with 2.62 Beta then I have no idea, then you probably have to end up using another CFW then like Atmosphere.

tehtarikmamak likes this.
  15. itsMotion

itsMotion Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Canada
    I created an account just to comment on how grateful that you suggested to try the beta Hayato213. I was having the black screen and that did the trick. I'd like to also mention to tehtarikmamak that the update you did does upgrade you to 8.0.0. I purchased a 256GB micro sd and did the same thing you did to enable exFAT. I had to load Kosmos then downgrade via ChoiDujourNX.