Homebrew boot.3ds

Kathulu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I was cleaning my sd card after installing cfw by the 3d.guide and accidentally deleted my boot.3dsx file.
How is this going to impact me? How do I get it again?

Last edited by Kathulu,

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I was cleaning my sd card after installing cfw by the 3d.guide and accidentally deleted my boot.3ds file.
It's just the file to boot the HBL. If you care about the HBL you can just download the HBL Starter Pack and use that boot.3dsx file.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

So, I was cleaning my sd card after installing cfw by the 3d.guide and accidentally deleted my boot.3ds file.

boot.3dsx, I presume?

That shouldn't be too big of a deal. If you don't plan on using the Homebrew Launcher again, you could just go on without it. However, you can get the appropriate boot.3dsx for your firmware from this website: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've already installed CFW following the guide, you really don't need the boot.3dsx file, you can just use your new hblauncher_loader cia to launch the homebrew launcher. The only reason you could possibly need boot.3dsx is if you wanted to load it using soundhax or some other hax, but there's really no need to when you have an icon for it right on the system menu.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you've already installed CFW following the guide, you really don't need the boot.3dsx file, you can just use your new hblauncher_loader cia to launch the homebrew launcher. The only reason you could possibly need boot.3dsx is if you wanted to load it using soundhax or some other hax, but there's really no need to when you have an icon for it right on the system menu.
You still need boot.3dsx with the homebrew launcher cia.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still need boot.3dsx with the homebrew launcher cia.

No, you don't. It checks the SD Card first, and if it doesn't find it it will download it via HTTP. It doesn't use boot.3dsx either, it throws it in a hblauncherloader folder.

Go ahead. Delete boot.3dsx and try running it. Works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.