elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Boop 2.0.0
Become a friend of the snek... Now on switch!

Boop started as a C# implementation of the "ServeFiles.py" for FBI.
Then the switch came along... and then Tinfoil came along... and then Tinfoil used the same implementation...

Naturally the snek had to follow the path.

Boop allows you to send .NSP files directly to Tinfoil through your Wireless Local Network. (It also works with .CIA and .TIK for the 3ds, but this is the switch forum :P)

boop2.png

Features
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Multi-File booping
  • Auto detection of your Nintendo console IP address. (trying to match your MAC address)
  • Full Drag and drop support. (Drag those files to wherever you want boi)
  • Name your files whatever you want. I can take it. Even emojis! GO WILD!
  • Works on computers connected to multiple networks (or with multiple network adapters)

Nerd notes:
  • Doesn't require administrator privileges.
  • The webserver runs on EmbedIO.
  • The code is licenced under "The unlicence". That means is free. (Free as in Anarchy).
  • Getting info from inside the .nsp files require keys... Will look into it but it's not my priority.

Downloads:

I will use this spot to thank the hacking community on switch and 3ds. I know this program could be done 1000 times better in other languages, platforms, graphics and a lot of improvement. This is what I can do to give back to the community and if you think you can make a better Boop by all means do

You are now a friend of the snek.

(Any problems or crashes you have, you can post them here or create an issue on github.)
(Special thanks to Adubbz for putting up with my silly questions)

Paperjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snek is back! yay! It works great! Is drag/dropping into the list of the app supposed to work? i had difficulty with it.
I'm so glad you made this, thank you!

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Snek is back! yay! It works great! Is drag/dropping into the list of the app supposed to work? i had difficulty with it.
I'm so glad you made this, thank you!

I must have made a mistake somewhere. Will be fixed for 2.1.0 :wacko:

(dragging to the exe file does work if it helps)

Reactions: Paperjin

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: Eredhel

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had success installing a few small NSPs with this, but it seems to be struggling with larger files.
Stardew Valley, Celeste, Axiom Verge, I Am Setsuna, Inside, Salt and Sanctuary installed fine.

Street Figher 30th Anniversary Collection, Ittle Dew 2+, Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, DOOM, Breath of the Wild and sadly Snek Pass all failed
It gets stuck at "Installing xxx.cnmt.nca to storage Id 5" on Tinfoil.

Can't quite place where the issue is arising, but anything below 2GB worked fine.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had success installing a few small NSPs with this, but it seems to be struggling with larger files.
Stardew Valley, Celeste, Axiom Verge, I Am Setsuna, Inside, Salt and Sanctuary installed fine.

Street Figher 30th Anniversary Collection, Ittle Dew 2+, Pac-Man Championship Edition 2, DOOM, Breath of the Wild and sadly Snek Pass all failed

Can't quite place where the issue is arising, but anything below 2GB worked fine.

Are you installing any DLC? or are these all base games?

Also, which FTP server are you using?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Base games. I installed a couple of updates successfully too.

Not sure, I thought I just set a port and my Switch IP (as displayed in Tinfoil) in Boop. Port 8080 (default) if that helps, should I try another?

I havent looked at his source code, but if he's just wrapping tinfoil's python script, it does indeed work with larger files. I would diff his script with native tinfoil's, if its the same, report a bug to tinfoil's github.

https://github.com/Adubbz/Tinfoil

elementalcode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Huh... it should work with larger files...
Will try later and see what's going on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not just set up ftp server and use dz?

"Setup a ftp server"

That is easier said than done.

Having said that, be my guest :)

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I waited so long for this... and it’s finally here! Sadly I forgot I use mostly OS X lol. Thanks for porting over boop :)

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, having the same issue with files > 2GB

That aside great tool though, very intuitive to use.

dankasfuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it's not just me with larger files. As others have mentioned, small NSPs are no problem. When attempting a larger transfer the process hangs with no progress. Task manager shows no CPU usage and no network activity, so definitely looks like Boop is the culprit. In any case, great addition to the arsenal and hopefully that 2GB limit can be fixed. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over