Bomberman Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sora de Eclaune, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011

Bomberman Question by Sora de Eclaune at 9:43 PM (410 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Is there a Bomberman game on the DS or GBA that's like Bomberman 64? That was the game that got me into liking the series, up until the point where I couldn't find any Bomberman game like Bomberman 64. All I could find were crummy 2D Action/Puzzle RPGs and crummy puzzle games.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Although I certainly enjoyed bomberman 64 you will not find so many willing to cop to the same thing. I am guessing you already knew it but there were two N64 sequels in a similar vein (the third Japanese only version was a return to the traditional) although nobody will hold it against you if you dislike them on the basis of being too far removed from the first N64 title. You might also consider a couple of the gamecube titles although they too drifted away from the odd sort of puzzle platformer that N64 bomberman did so well.

Certainly the non linear bombs I have not seen in anything recent (even the horrific bomberman act zero lacked such things). The closest you might get is the Japanese and European only Bomberman 2 for the DS which was decidely more puzzle filled but still at heart a game like bomberman 64.

Your main problem is people mainly want updated versions of PCE/genesis/megadrive and Saturn bomberman games and for the most part Hudson Soft is more than happy to give it to them.

All through this I am trying to think of any non bomberman games that played like it but I am coming up short.

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    In my opinion, they were nothing like Bomberman 64. My parents bought me the two sequels for my birthday one year, and they were so unlike the first game that I never finished the first level of either and asked my parents to return them to whatever shop they got the games from. I ended up not getting any presents from them that year. Only disappointment and lies. But hey, at least one of my friends got me a copy of Kid Dracula GB. Depressing it doesn't work anymore, though.

So far, any Bomberman game that isn't Bomberman 64 is a lie. A LIE.

4. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    Bomberman 64. Meh
    I like bomberman couz it's pure arcade.