M7L7NK7

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone with the know how interested in making a bochs port for the Switch? Retroarch Dosbox works fine for dos games but there's no option for any Windows based games at the moment.. windows 95 has a terrible time in dosbox

It's possible as it has been started but never completed

https://github.com/Stary2001/switch-bochs

stefko13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would be a dream come true. I always wanted to be able to play 1602 A.D: on my Switch and unless there'll be a Windows emulation option or someone will port "Unknown Horizons" (which is a very competent Anno clone) it won't happen.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dosbox works fine for dos games but there's no option for any Windows based games at the moment.. windows 95 has a terrible time in dosbox
Have you tried Windows 95 in Bochs on your PC? I understand it aims for accuracy far more than compatibility. If it doesn't run well on your PC, it definitely won't run well on a Switch.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can it be done can it
When it comes to things like this, the question you have to ask is: don't you think everyone would be doing this already if it was even slightly difficult to do?

Like I said, just try running Windows in Bochs on your desktop PC and see how well that goes.

Detroitguy22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video in op shows it works?? and someone just has to finish the gitjub linked?? I can't code or compile so I can't help at all inwpuld if I could

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel