Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1gkjy9.jpg

An update on his site shows that he's trashed his room, in a fit of rage?. and decided to quit the protest. i guess he got an email from nintendo denying

and here's the latest post by bob on his site:

QUOTE said:
It was foolish of me to think Nintendo would hear my pleas. They're just another heartless corporation, only interested in the biggest profits.
The core gamers don't matter anymore. It's not about the games or the fans, it's about spreading out and getting casual gamers to buy Wii Fit.
The golden days of video games are long gone. A game like mine has no place on the shelf along with games like "Crossword Puzzles" and "Sudoku."

Nintendo sells all these games about "doing your best" and "being the hero," telling kids "you can do it if you try," but in the end that's just a story, a marketing lie that sounds good.
That's business. That's the real world. In reality, if Link approached the castle gate, a guard would just throw him out. It doesn't matter how much courage he has.
It doesn't matter how talented he is with his sword, or how pure hearted he might be. He's wearing a dirty tunic and he has no credentials.
"Get out of here, you stupid kid." The evil kingdom of Ganon (Or should I say "Gantendo") spreads across the land, Zelda dies, and the credits scroll. Game over.
That's the real Nintendo, I guess.

I've had enough. I'm ending the protest. I give up on getting the SDK. I really tried my best. Show's over. It's just not going to work.
Sorry, everyone. I just can't stay in here. My head won't stop pounding. I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's like I'm splitting in half.
I keep seeing these posts that I apparently wrote, but I can't remember writing them. I'm afraid I'm becoming someone else entirely.

Nobody even takes me seriously anymore- how is Nintendo supposed to? Everyone thinks it's some kind of viral ad. It's obviously not. I'm one guy that can't get a break.
Don't you think that maybe I might get a little angry being locked in here for a month with no response? So maybe I have to joke around a little to cheer myself up. Big deal.
I'll stay locked in for the rest of today to make an even 30 days, and then the protest is over. I know I lost. I've been completely disgraced and humiliated.
I've been stepped on, pushed around, and trampled from all sides. It's like trying to fight a machine with words, with an army mocking you the whole time.

It's OK, Nintendo. I'm trying not to blame you, I really am. It's just.. man, I was stupid to believe that stuff.
"Be a hero! You can do it!" Yeah, right. "Throw away five years of your life." I guess that doesn't sell as well, huh?

My head hurts, so I'm ending this post. Sorry, everybody. Whatever. Why does this HURT so much?!
:'{

source -
http://www.bobsgame.com/

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DAMN! He went down quick. But he mentions nothing of ever releasing it. Not even as a homebrew.

*snip

At first I wanted to see him get the SDK, but once it hit day 15, he just went low.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
What the hell is with everyones negative attitude towards him seriously? He is just trying in whatever way he can to get noticed: he has worked hard and deserves to take whatever path he chooses. I, personally, am saddened he has given up...

Almost every point he has made has been valid and I agree with it totally. Nintendo, among all others, have lost touch with gamers and are merely out to make the quickest buck from casual gamers. It's pathetic and I sure hope someone realizes that hey: it's not about screwing them out of as much money as they can while acting like complete asses (Thank you Nintendo for not giving a damn about my faulty DS...)

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do people even care about the game? To me it looked like all those RPG Maker games.

That and what jan777 said

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shouldnt the thread title be BOB = FAIL!

SPAT yer DUMMY out BOB ??

get a grip!

could of released it partially as a SHAREWARE/DONATEWARE to the community and at least get a little out of people who actually wanted it and give the donators extra levels or the complete game!

or even sell it as a PAID download! at least you would of got something!

or try selling it to another games company that could actually get it released through Nintendo!

what do you have now BOB?? SWEET FA and a LOAD OF SPARE BROKEN PARTS and a WRECKED ROOM!

BOB YOU FAIL! bigtime!!!

and proved NOTHING!

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dunno why everyones being a dick to him i mean yea he did go around the whole situation like a dick but remeber the guy put five years of his life in to it true no one made him do it but then again no one gave him credit or a chance.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
This only happened because he realised that he just wasted 5 years of his life. If, instead, he made this game in his spare time in the course of 10 years, he may have not taken the reject so badly and may have found alternative routes.

Don't get overdetermined, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi