OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some of the icons on my desktop are blurry. Any idea how this happened or how to fix it? When I download torrents, they start with fine speed, but then drop to less than 5kb/s soon after. I have to close and reopen uTorrent for the speed to pick back up again. Very annoying. Any ideas on how to fix it?
blahcp.png

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the blurry icons are simply because they dont support the higher res that were introduced with windows 7 and vista

you will notice if you open control panel you can adjust icon size and they will scale perfectly even when they are huge, this is not the case for those however

there is nothing you can do besides complaining to the company that made the program/game to put high res icons or replace it with something else

also messy desktop is messy

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
try clicking on one of the desktop icons and whilst holding shift, scroll down on your mouse (not sure if you could do that with the down button on the keyboard)

wth utorrent, try uninstalling utorrent completly using revo uninstaller, making sure to delete any remaining .reg entries and remaining folders

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the icons, right click -> properties -> change icon and select the 'default' icon.

For uTorrent, just let it run. Typically your speed is related to how good of a peer you are and your order in line, so if you've got a low ratio for that torrent your speed will drop in favor of someone who has a higher ratio. Once you get more people downloading your parts more connections will open up to you and your speed will increase.
Alternatively, it could be your ISP at work screwing with your torrent connections (sending reset packets, causing you to drop connection, etc. Read up on Sandvine)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
utorrent and steam dont have high res, I have the lastest versions of both and they are normal low res icons

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh, well, still, the chrome icon still stands

also, they appear to be scaling incorrectly or something, look at aquria, fiesta, or gunz, and they are scaled correctly, blurred and stuff, but others are kind of jagged

EDIT: hmm... apparently, chrome doesn't have one either.... i could've sworn i've seen it before... ignore my post then...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative