Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was reading about how the Pokemon Typing Adventure DS game has Bluetooth in it that lets it connect to the wireless keyboard. Would it be completely ridiculous for someone to build a "flashcart" with Bluetooth built in, that let the 3DS use Bluetooth outside of that one particular game (so wireless keyboards in Mii plaza and Bluetooth headphones for games)? Would it be too bulky for Gateway to fit it inside their red cartridge along with the rest of their stuff? Is there a technical reason why it wouldn't be possible (seems strange it doesn't exist, surely people would buy it)?

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it would be completely ridiculous.
Technical reason? You'd need to change the code of every application and game to throw sound through that BT thing and use a keyboard. Just unfeasible.

If you want to use BT headphones, buy a 10$ or less BT transmitter off eBay or Aliexpress and just connect it to your minijack. More universal, cheaper, and actually possible.

Reactions: VegaRoXas

orly3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds possible. Maybe not for use outside of homebrew but who knows, maybe there could be a cfw that uses a custom cartridge so that it could receive bluetooth connections.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think using it for sound would be a bit pointless, but I could see some other QoL applications for it, homebrew wise. Like being able to use the 3DS as a bluetooth controller (maybe emulating other controllers for consoles), local data transfer when wifi isn't available, and stuff like that. It would be rather niche, but I'd pay $25 for a cartridge like that if there was software written for it that I'd use.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah it would likely be perfectly possible, but ultimately kinda pointless, you would be lucky if you got like 3 proof of concept homebrew apps for it, really the most likely application would be in a card like sky3ds to run a simple phone app that can switch games.......but again i doubt they would be bothered trying to make it

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait wait wait.

It'd only be possible if the software had the necessary amount of access to the DS slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol